- “Adventure İstiklal” commences
- A brand new book about Istanbul
- Winds of Troy
- “Possibilities, Intuitions, Formulations About Istanbul”
- “The Paris of the Ottomans” at OBM
- Jazz ablaze in Istanbul
- Renowned guitarist David Knopfler in Eskişehir!
- 9th International Antalya Piano Festival begins
- A “Mevlana” album by Şefika Kutluer
- 7-CD “Ottoman Mosaic”
- Turkish Airlines - United Airlines joint flights
- New Domestic CIP Lounge opened at Dalaman
- New Lufthansa - Turkish Airlines joint flights
- Turkish Airlines is main transport sponsor of CIOFF
- ‘Sides of Istanbul’ to be exhibited in Kuwait
- New flights and new routes on the winter timetable
- Turkish Airlines promotion for Miles&Smiles members
New flights and new routes on the winter timetable
One of Europe's fasting growing airlines, Turkish Airlines is continuing to expand its already extensive flight network on its new winter timetable slated to come into effect on 26 October.
Increasing the number of weekly flights to high-demand destinations as well as introducing a flight to the Iraqi capital Baghdad on 26 October, Turkish Airlines will begin flying to Birmingham, England's second largest city after London, on 15 December and to Ufa in the Russian Federation on 15 March.
Weekly flights from Istanbul to Addis Ababa via Khartoum will also begin on 26 October when the new winter timetable goes into effect.
Star Alliance-member Turkish Airlines' introduction of joint flights with United Airlines on its U.S. domestic routes offers Turkish Airlines passengers traveling to Chicago and New York the possibility of flying to several U.S. destinations on a single ticket. Details regarding the winter timetable, which is effective until 29 March 2009, are available from the airline's sales offices, from 444 0 849 and on the website, www.thy.com.