- “ M e l a n c h o l i s t a n b u l ”
- Innovative designs for Istanbul
- “Becoming Istanbul”
- Two new exhibitions at Istanbul Modern
- A special selection of Fikret Mualla's works
- Marble statues from Aphrodisias in Istanbul
- World's most spectacular musical comes to Istanbul
- 'Jazz Moods in the City' to start soon
- Special concert by Milva da Rossa
- Harlem Globetrotters in Turkey for three exhibitions!
- Legendary rock group R.E.M. in Istanbul
- Turkish Airlines, Europe's 7th biggest
- Deutsche Messe and Turkish Airlines Promotional Tour in Istanbul
- Shop&Miles continues to fly with Garanti
- Miles&Smiles members will be able to upgrade on 13 airlines
- AnadoluJet starts Hatay - North Cyprus flights
- Turkish Airlines third in Europe in inflight entertainment
- Turkish Airlines in Baghdad after 17 years...
Turkish Airlines third in Europe in inflight entertainment
Turkish Airlines has been ranked third in airline inflight entertainment services by the World Airline Entertainment Association (WAEA) and Skytrax, one of the world's most respected auditing and consultancy firms.
Given this year for the 20th time in 7 different categories of airline inflight entertainment, the 'Avion Awards' recently found their recipients. Turkish Airlines has installed a digital AVOD system of in-cabin entertainment on all its A330-type airplanes as well as on its five A340-type airplanes whose modification has been completed. The new system allows passengers in Business Class to select the program of their choice by remote control and passengers in Economy Class to make their selection either by remote control or with the help of a touchscreen. The Communications feature on the in-flight system includes the sending and receiving of SMS or email, and passengers arriving in Istanbul for connecting flights are also informed of their gate number. Not only that, but the system also offers passengers hourly text updates on the news. The Information feature meanwhile includes details about the fleet, cargo and the Miles&Smiles frequent flyer program as well as destination guides, a Turkey guide, a passenger survey, airport maps, a flight map and a flight camera which enables all passengers to view takeoff and landing. Finally, the Entertainment feature offers thirty films - classic, current, international, and children's; and a channel of 40 short programs including TV sit-coms, documentaries and cartoons; as well as a 250-CD album of music of all kinds, a 17-game channel, an audio book and the duty-free shopping selections.