- Nuri İyem Painting Prize
- Enki Bilal in Istanbul!
- Rabbit Sleep
- Emel Vardar
- Suat Akdemir at Eskonsept
- Young Musical Talents Meet the Pros at Ayvalık
- 28th International Istanbul Film Festival Gets Under Way
- “Chromosome XX”
- Two Special Evenings with Alice Russell
- Jane Birkin Comes to Istanbul!
- Japanese ‘Heartbeat’ Drums to Beat in Istanbul
- Flights to Ufa (Russian Federation) Get Under Way
- Fares Starting From TL 79, Everything Included
- 45th Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey
- Turkish Airlines at ITB Berlin Fair
- New flights to Mashhad (Iran)
- Second, Connecting Flights Via Ankara Only TL 25 on AnadoluJet
- Mideast and Cyprus Regional Meeting in Cairo
- Turkish Airlines Takes “Best Marketing Award”
- Turkish Airlines at Yalta Tourism Fair
- 12th World Congress on Public Health in Istanbul
45th Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey
Organized this year for the 45th time, the Presidential cycling tour of Turkey will be held 12-19 April by the Cycling Federation of Turkey and the Department of Youth and Sports under the auspices of President Abdullah Gül and with strong participation by international cycling teams.
In addition to the 18 most prestigious professional cycling teams, 150 athletes representing the Turkey and Germany national teams will compete in the 45th Presidential Cycling Tour, which is of great importance for promoting Turkey abroad. Included on the International Cycling Union’s (UCI) calendar, Turkey’s Presidential Cycling Tour has been upgraded to category 2.1 and is now one of the most important races in the world. It will begin on 12 April at Istanbul’s Sultanahmet Square with the ‘Istanbul-Istanbul’ stage.
Following the transfer of the teams to Izmir by Turkish Airlines, the tour will resume on 13 April with stages to Izmir, Kuşadası, Bodrum, Marmaris, Fethiye, Finike and Antalya, ending in Alanya on 19 April.
The 8-stage, 1,212 km-long Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey, which provides major support to the development of the sport, will be broadcast live by Turkish Radio and Television to Turkey and Europe by special cameras mounted on planes and helicopters. With coverage by the international media it will create a sensation in many countries in Europe as the world’s top-ranking cyclists compete for a total cash prize of 150,000 Euros.
Making a big splash in the press last year when President Abdullah Gül honored the awards ceremony with his presence, in its 45th year as well Turkey’s Presidential Cycling Tour is going to find a place on the global agenda as an international event successfully organized in Turkey.
The stages of the 45th Presidential Cycling Tour:
1st Stage: İstanbul-İstanbul 142km (14 tur 14 laps)
2nd Stage: İzmir-Kusadasi 132.5km
3th Stage: Kusadasi-Bodrum 166.1km
4th Stage: Bodrum-Marmaris 166.9km
5th Stage: Marmaris-Fethiye 130km
6th Stage: Fethiye-Finike 194km
7th Stage: Finike-Antalya 114.5km
8th Stage: Antalya-Alanya 166km