- Nuri İyem Painting Prize
- Enki Bilal in Istanbul!
- Rabbit Sleep
- Emel Vardar
- Suat Akdemir at Eskonsept
- Young Musical Talents Meet the Pros at Ayvalık
- 28th International Istanbul Film Festival Gets Under Way
- “Chromosome XX”
- Two Special Evenings with Alice Russell
- Jane Birkin Comes to Istanbul!
- Japanese ‘Heartbeat’ Drums to Beat in Istanbul
- Flights to Ufa (Russian Federation) Get Under Way
- Fares Starting From TL 79, Everything Included
- 45th Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey
- Turkish Airlines at ITB Berlin Fair
- New flights to Mashhad (Iran)
- Second, Connecting Flights Via Ankara Only TL 25 on AnadoluJet
- Mideast and Cyprus Regional Meeting in Cairo
- Turkish Airlines Takes “Best Marketing Award”
- Turkish Airlines at Yalta Tourism Fair
- 12th World Congress on Public Health in Istanbul
Turkish Airlines at ITB Berlin Fair
The Berlin International Tourism Borsa (ITB), the world’s largest tourism fair, took place for the 43rd time from 11 to 15 March. With participation by 11,098 firms from 187 countries, the 160,000 sq meter fair was held in 26 separate halls.
Covering an area of 2,558 sq meters, the Turkey stand was a focus of intense interest with its concept of regional promotion and exhibits on Turkish themes organized on days when entrance was free to the public. In a special, 180 sq meter stand concept inside the Turkey stand, Turkish Airlines promoted its new first class cabin, its Miles&Smiles frequent flyer program, its flight network and its new flight destinations as well as its summer timetable.
Turkish Airlines’ strong market position was taken up at the marketing oriented stand through one-on-one talks with tour operators, travel agents and firms from other sectors. Turkish Airlines’ Board Chairman Dr. Candan Karlıtekin’s presentation on ‘The Future of Global Aviation’ was well-received by members of the local and foreign press as well as tourism professionals. Visited this year by 170,000 people the Berlin ITB Fair is going to be held next on 10-14 March 2010 with Turkey as a partner country.