- Nuri İyem Painting Prize
- Enki Bilal in Istanbul!
- Rabbit Sleep
- Emel Vardar
- Suat Akdemir at Eskonsept
- Young Musical Talents Meet the Pros at Ayvalık
- 28th International Istanbul Film Festival Gets Under Way
- “Chromosome XX”
- Two Special Evenings with Alice Russell
- Jane Birkin Comes to Istanbul!
- Japanese ‘Heartbeat’ Drums to Beat in Istanbul
- Flights to Ufa (Russian Federation) Get Under Way
- Fares Starting From TL 79, Everything Included
- 45th Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey
- Turkish Airlines at ITB Berlin Fair
- New flights to Mashhad (Iran)
- Second, Connecting Flights Via Ankara Only TL 25 on AnadoluJet
- Mideast and Cyprus Regional Meeting in Cairo
- Turkish Airlines Takes “Best Marketing Award”
- Turkish Airlines at Yalta Tourism Fair
- 12th World Congress on Public Health in Istanbul
Turkish Airlines Takes “Best Marketing Award”
Privatized last year and operated by the German Hochtief Group, which also runs Düsseldorf Airport, Budapest Airport’s Traditional Aviation Night was held at the Symbol Budapest building on 19 March.
Budapest Airport CEO Jost Lammers gave the opening talk of the evening. Following a presentation including an assessment of past and future by Deputy Director Dimitrios Gatsonis, Seabury Aviation and Aerospace Director Dr. Christopher J. Smith, a leading and highly respected name in aviation, gave a much-appreciated and well-received talk about the current economic crisis in aviation and its risks and opportunities.
In a ceremony at the end of the evening, Turkish Airlines was given the ‘Best Marketing Award’ of Hungary 2008. The airline’s Budapest Director Levend Arısoy accepted the award from the Budapest Airport CEO. Also present at the evening were Turkish Airlines’ Central Europe Regional Director A. Soner Akkurt and Regional Expert Mustafa Marangoz. Turkish Airlines was deemed worthy of the award for its 18% growth despite a market contraction of 40% in Hungary during the year.