- Istanbul-Zagreb flights at ten years
- Istanbul-Belgrade flights upped to 5 per week
- New steps by Turkish Airlines and Egypt Airlines
- Turkish Airlines introduces flights to Birmingham (England)
- “First Class” service on Turkish Airlines 3 Boeing 777's
- Uşak and Çanakkale flights get under Way
- Redeeming Miles&Smiles award tickets now easier than ever
- TRT to broadcast in 30 languages trt-world.com
Istanbul-Zagreb flights at ten years
The tenth anniversary of Turkish Airlines' Istanbul-Zagreb flights was celebrated at a cocktail reception in the Croatian capital.
The reception was held jointly in cooperation with local carrier Croatia Airlines under the Code-Share Blocked Space Agreement. Representing Turkish Airlines at the reception were the airline's Executive Vice-President (Commercial) Orhan Sivrikaya, South Europe and Balkans Regional Director Mehmet Başpınar, and Zagreb Director Hakan Yılmaz; Croatia Airlines was represented by President Ivan Misetic and other high-ranking officials. Speaking at the reception, which was attended by some 150 invited guests, including Turkey's ambassador to Zagreb, Umur Apaydın, and representatives of the Turkish Embassy, as well as ambassadors and embassy representatives from other countries, the undersecretary of the Transport Ministry, prominent passenger and cargo agents, businessmen and the local press, Turkish Airlines' Executive Vice-President (Commercial) Orhan Sivrikaya announced that the airline's flights to Zagreb, currently five times a week, would soon become daily.