- Pure Reflections
- Two Prominent Artists in One
- Emel Vardar at the New York Art Fair
- An Exhibition To Satisfy A Longing For Snow
- Turkey Through the Eyes of the Edinburgh Review
- Small Scale, Big Story
- A different angle on different cultures: The 14th Turkey-Germany Film Festival
- American Classical Music Legend to Perform in Istanbul
- Turkey's First Ski Marathon Begins!
- AnadoluJet links Thrace to Anatolia
- Anadolu Jet, Mediterranean University, Mahşer-i Cümbüş Cooperation
- Turkish Airlines and Singapore Airlines Begin Joint Flights
- Another Mileage Promotion From Miles&Smiles!
- Flights to Nairobi Get Under Way
- Increase in flights by Turkish Airlines
- Liquid Restrictions on Hand Luggage
- Turkish Airlines at EMITT Fair for 13th Time
- Uğur Cebeci’s First Class Memory: “I Flew In A Splendid Residence!”
Turkish Airlines at EMITT Fair for 13th Time
Turkish Airlines was a sponsor for the 13th time of EMITT, the Eastern Mediterranean International Tourism and Travel Fair, held at the Istanbul’s TÜYAP Fair Center in Beylikdüzü on 12-15 February. The airline participated in the fair with a 108 square meter stand.
One of the world’s most important tourism events, EMITT 2009 covers a broad geography as the largest and leading tourism meeting of Turkey, Eurasia and the Mediterranean. Minister of Culture and Tourism Ertuğrul Günay and Dr. Saadallah Agha Al Kalaa, Tourism Minister of Syria, ‘guest country’ of the fair’s principal sponsor, opened the EMITT Fair, Europe’s 5th and the world’s 10th biggest event in the tourism field. Turkish Airlines’ CEO, Temel Kotil, Ph.D., accepted a plaque honoring the airline, which has been principal sponsor of the fair since its inception.
This year as every year, EMITT brought together hotels, agencies, tour operators, cities and town, entrepreneurs and tourism professionals from all over Turkey and the world. EMITT, which has exhibited 20% growth despite the global economic crisis, reported close to 100,000 visitors at this year’s fair. Close to 3,000 firms from some 50 countries and hundreds of touristic centers also took part in the fair, the great majority of them at ministry level.
An institutional sponsor of EMITT, Turkish Airlines has since its founding lent its support to numerous events that contribute to promoting Turkey and has made its support of Turkish culture and tourism felt through its vision and the mission it espouses. The Airbus 330 business class seats and the new Boeing 777 first class promotion and popular ‘Feel like a star’ advertising film exhibited at Turkish Airlines’ stand throughout the fair were well received by fair participants. In addition, a gift ‘wheel’ dispensing various gift items designed for the stand ensured visitors a pleasant time.