- Another opportunity from Miles&Smiles! Shop at Bimeks and earn miles!
- Hertz joins Miles&Smiles new program!
- Here’s to many more flights with AnadoluJet
- Turkish Airlines is ‘best airline’ in Southern Europe
- Europe’s only four-star airline in all categories
- Turkish Airlines Intensive Middle East Events
- Turkish Airlines makes net profit of TL 1,134 million in 2008
- The 16th world basketball championship
Turkish Airlines is ‘best airline’ in Southern Europe
Turkish Airlines was rated ‘The best airline in Southern Europe’ in a survey conducted by the firm Skytrax, world airline and airport quality advisors.
Skytrax, a firm that assesses airlines and airports based on a total of 750 parameters measuring quality standards and service, has announced the results of its survey for 2008. And Turkish Airlines has chalked up another success while retaining its four-star status, which it has held since 2007. Turkish Airlines made an enormous leap this year in the ranks of the Skytrax World Awards 2009, which have been dubbed the ‘Oscars’ of the aviation industry. Jumping to best in the region in 2009, Turkish Airlines earned the coveted title of ‘Best Airline in Southern Europe’. Led by Skytrax, an airline inspection and rating firm, the awards were decided on the basis of surveys distributed to 15.4 million passengers of 95 nationalities over a period of 10 months from August 2008 to March 2009.
Turkish Airlines’ President Temel Kotil accepted the award from Skytrax CEO Edward Plaisted at the Skytrax award ceremony held on 1 April at this year’s 10th “Airplane In-cabin Equipment Fair” in the German city of Hamburg.