- Flights To Jakarta (Indonesia) Now Under Way
- The Anatolian Guests of CeBIT Bilişim Eurasia Will Fly With Turkish Airlines
- World’s Fencing Championship Is In Turkey
- Fashionable Istanbul In Turkey With Turkish Airlines
- Tourism And Documentary Channel To Broadcast In Four Languages
- Free Istanbul Tours For Transit Passengers
Flights To Jakarta (Indonesia) Now Under Way
Turkish Airlines launched its new flights to the Indonesian capital Jakarta on 3 September 2009.
Joining the first flight were Finance Minister Şimşek and Turkish Airlines Board Chairman Karlıtekin together with State Airports Management Director Orhan Birdal, Civil Aviation Director Ali Arıduru, Public Contracts Agency Chairman Hasan Gül, Privatization Administration Deputy Head Ahmet Aksu, and a large number of parliamentarians, businessmen and members of the press. Speaking at a ceremony at Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta Airport, Finance Minister Şimşek said that Indonesia is Turkey’s 6th biggest trading partner in the Far East and that the Turkish Airlines flights would contribute significantly to the expansion of trade between the two countries. He added that the Jakarta flights would also serve as a bridge for exploiting Indonesia’s tourism potential.