- Lover With Burning Breast
- Welcome Aboard
- Ekaterinburg On The Cusp Of Europe And Asia
- Antique Elegance: Denizli
- On Playing Chopin...
- Bruno Barbey’s Istanbul
- The Golden Horn From A Ferry Window
- The Library Of Abdul Medjid Effendi
- Yipee Holiday
- You Are Boss Of This Team Until You Quit!
- The Taste Of Lamb
- Turkish Airlines Is IDE Transportation Sponsor
- Bologna Inaugurated As 120th Destination
- Hina Matsuri At Ataturk Airport
- Turkish Airlines Signs Sponsorship Agreement With Maroussi BC
- Cooperation With KFC In Pakistan
- Turkish Airlines Remembers Martyrs’ Day, March 18th
- Turkish Airlines Goes To Old Trafford
- Turkish Airlines-Swiss Cooperation To Start In April
- Turkish Airlines Wins Best Marketing Award
- Turkish Airlines At ITB Berlin 2010
Hina Matsuri At Ataturk Airport
Ataturk Airport has hosted another in the series of events planned for Japan Year in Turkey, of which Turkish Airlines is a sponsor.
A traditional Girls’ Festival celebrated in Japan, “Hina Matsuri” is been held every year for the last 1,000 years to celebrate the birth and healthy growth of young girls. Dolls, including a King and Queen and their attendants and servants, are displayed for several weeks in Japanese homes in observance of the festival, which is celebrated every year on March 3rd by inviting relatives and acquaintances over to see the dolls and consume traditional Japanese dishes. Dolls brought in from Japan for the festival were displayed on a special, approximately two-meter-high glass screen at the airport. Japan’s Consul-General in Istanbul, Hayashi Katsuyoshi, and Turkish Airlines President for Production Planning, Akif Konar, opened the festival. Konar thanked the Japanese officials who helped to plan the exhibition jointly with Turkish Airlines. Following the talks, Turkish and Japanese children in local costumes presented a children’s mini theater performance accompanied by women dressed in kimonos. The exhibition was a focus of interest for Turkish and foreign passengers using the airport.