- Cihat Burak painting exhibition
- ‘Other Seas’
- ‘Turkey from under the Water’
- ‘The Earth Suras’
- Sea breeze in Istanbul
- Yüksel Arslan at Istanbul Galeri Nev
- A cross-section of contemporary German photography
- Beyoğlu by night
- Bubi’s ‘cages’
- 30 years on canvas
- The dance of movement
- Award-winning photos
- Autumn at Doku Art Galleries
- Fantastic paintings
- “People I Happened to Meet”
- Autumn jazz
- Season opens at Babylon
- October at Balans
- Fifth annual ‘Filmoctober’
- Films in Ankara
- Auction of Ottoman art
- A quarter century in the world of books
- Turkey Rally at Antalya
- Turkish-Kazakh International Tourism Conference
- Turkish business world to meet in Istanbul
- ‘Here, there and everywhere’ for 111 euros
- Turkish Airlines ‘Pay and Fly’ by internet banking
- Turkish Airlines convenience for passengers without luggage
- Turkish Airlines’ financial results for the first half of 2006
- Turkish Airlines spreads ‘Anatolian Fire’ across the world
- The Turkish Airlines family welcomes Turkey’s ‘12 giant men’
- Turkish Airlines adds new flights to points in Turkey
- Turkish Airlines announcement
- Turkish Airlines announcement
Dear Guests, Turkish Airlines, which has designated the global arena as its area of competition and is proceeding with confidence towards becoming a world company, is beginning to reap the fruits of its investments.
Raising its performance standard a notch higher each year, Turkish Airlines is continuing on the path towards becoming Europe’s fastest-growing and most productive company.
In the first six months of this year, our company’s gross profits were up by 242% on the same period last year to TL 94 million. Net profits were up as well by 141% to TL 32 million. In the same period we increased our assets by 29% to TL 4,367 million, while bringing the number of passengers we carried up to 7.5 million. We take pride in sharing these commercial developments with you.
Besides our successful growth, we are also proud of lending support to the institutions and organizations that promote Turkey around the world. The contributions, labor and dedication of every member of the greater Turkish Airlines family has gone into this success of ours, which is of enormous importance for our company and enables us to view the future with even greater confidence. I would therefore like to share that success with you, its true owners.
As a company, we know that we must work together as one with all our personnel in order to give you the best possible service. We therefore cement those ties even further by coming together with our employees on several occasions throughout the year. One such event was the ‘casual day’ we organized in August in the garden of our Headquarters. We dressed casually, ate to the accompaniment of live music and tried to raise morale so as to make a good start to the following week. Again in September, thousands of Turkish Airlines employees, together with their families and friends, met at the Abdi İpekçi Sports Hall to watch the 1001st performance of ‘Anatolian Fire’, given specially for us. The Turkish Airlines family was the main attraction in the hall, which was decorated in our signature red, blue and white colors. The thrill of seeing the bleachers full on such an important night and the atmosphere that was created were for me a great honor and source of happiness. The sound ten thousand people shouting in unison, ‘Turkish Airlines is the greatest!’, will surely remain engraved in my memory as the biggest moment in my life. I believe that voice of ours is going to be even stronger from now on. And I realized once again that as long our twelve thousand employees work together as one and march to the same drum, nothing can stop us from reaching our goals. We have a long road ahead, we know that. But we are twelve thousand strong and we have your support.
I would like to extend to all of you my heartfelt wishes for a wonderful Ramazan holiday and wish you all a pleasant flight.
Temel KOTİL, Ph.D.
CEO and Member of the Board