- Turkish Airlines, holding ‘little hands’
- Lufthansa is new partner in Miles&Smiles program
- Turkish Airlines reaches out South Africa
- Fly with confidence on Turkish Airlines
- Salih Memecan’s lines spruce up Turkish Airlines’ service
- 23 million passengers a year targeted
- Turkish Airlines’ Flight Academy website
- Turkish Airlines second in Europe in on-time takeoffs
- Turkish Airlines’ Central Europe CRM Meeting held in Belgium
- Turkish Airlines supports young fencers
- Turkish Airlines sponsors World Congress of Chambers
- Turkish Airlines announcement
- Turkey and Pakistan develop tourism cooperation
- 111’s of the month
- Turkish Foods Week in Geneva
- Turkish Airlines is chief sponsor of Istanbul Cup
Dear guests, Turkish Airlines is continuing to realize its targets in 2007 with the confidence we derive from you, our passengers. We are pleased at being Turkey’s proud flagship carrier in the skies for the past 74 years.
Founded on 20 May 1933, we have become Europe’s fastest growing airline today with more than 100 planes and a total of 134 flight destinations. And our results for the last year give us courage for the future.
Our Company, which is engaged in a process of rapid development through newly opened routes and new aircraft joining the fleet, last year increased its equity capital by 15% as well as raising its annual net profit by 28% to TL 186 million. Not only that but our number of passengers also rose by 20% to 17 million as of the end of 2006. Our target in 2007 is 20 million. As I shared with you earlier, the process of our entry into the Star Alliance, one of the world’s leading airline alliances, will be completed in the first quarter of 2008, bringing the number of flight destinations we offer you to 250. This will bring us even closer to our goal of making our city of Istanbul, the European Culture Capital in 2010, a major flight center connecting East and West.
On behalf of our Company it gives me pleasure to share with you this month another wonderful piece of news. According to figures released by the Association of European Airlines (AEA), of which all Europe’s leading airlines are members, Turkish Airlines captured second place among Europe’s top ten airlines for its ‘On-time Takeoff Rate’, which rose to 83.9% at the end of the past year despite increasing traffic and number of flights. Sustaining its successful performance in 2007 as well, our Company achieved an On-time Takeoff Rate of 86.7% in the first quarter of this year. With only 4.7 bags lost per 1000 passengers, we were also second among European airlines in terms of lost baggage in 2006.
As I never tire of saying, it is our goal to provide you, our valuable passengers, with the best possible service and offer you the safest, most comfortable flight experience.
It gives me pleasure to inform you that we are pursuing these implementations which will take us into the future with your support and with the hard-working efforts of our Turkish Airlines personnel. In the hope that the 74th anniversary of the founding of our Company will be propitious for you, our distinguished passengers, as well as for our employees and our country, I wish you all a happy Atatürk Commemoration and Youth and Sports Day on 19th May, and a pleasant flight.
Temel KOTİL, Ph.D.
CEO and Member of the Board