- “ M e l a n c h o l i s t a n b u l ”
- Innovative designs for Istanbul
- “Becoming Istanbul”
- Two new exhibitions at Istanbul Modern
- A special selection of Fikret Mualla's works
- Marble statues from Aphrodisias in Istanbul
- World's most spectacular musical comes to Istanbul
- 'Jazz Moods in the City' to start soon
- Special concert by Milva da Rossa
- Harlem Globetrotters in Turkey for three exhibitions!
- Legendary rock group R.E.M. in Istanbul
- Turkish Airlines, Europe's 7th biggest
- Deutsche Messe and Turkish Airlines Promotional Tour in Istanbul
- Shop&Miles continues to fly with Garanti
- Miles&Smiles members will be able to upgrade on 13 airlines
- AnadoluJet starts Hatay - North Cyprus flights
- Turkish Airlines third in Europe in inflight entertainment
- Turkish Airlines in Baghdad after 17 years...
Dear Guests, Be it in terms our growth rates and quality of service or our sensitivity to the issue of flight safety, Turkish Airlines is further consolidating its position among the world's airline companies with every passing day.
And in return for the interest you have shown by choosing Turkish Airlines, we are striving to introduce services that will further enhance your pleasure.
Turkish Airlines has made it a priority goal to offer its passengers continuous innovations in the name of service quality and customer satisfaction. As a member of the Star Alliance, which it joined on 1 April 2008, Turkish Airlines is the thirteenth airline to offer the 'upgrade to a higher class' for passengers who are members of its frequent flyer program. As of last month, passengers with Miles&Smiles cards are able to use the miles they have earned to upgrade to a higher class on flights they make on any of the 13 Star Alliance member airlines. Further details on the upgrades are available on the website, www.thy.com.
Reaping the fruits of our efforts to further improve the quality of our service gives us a special pleasure. Organized this year for the 20th time, the 'Avion Awards', which are given in 7 different categories for inflight entertainment services, found their recipients, and Turkish Airlines was deemed worthy of third place among Europe's airlines in the ranking, which was made by the World Airline Entertainment Association (WAEA) and Skytrax, one of the world's most respected auditing and consultancy firms. We are now serving our passengers with an in-cabin entertainment system featuring personal screens at each seat on the A330 and modified A340 type planes in our fleet.
We are also continuing to expand our flight network. The Board of Directors has decided to open an Istanbul-Dakar-Sao Paulo route. Our studies are rapidly reaching completion for this route, which we aim to open as soon as possible.
Another important international destination we are adding this month is Baghdad. It therefore gives me great pleasure to announce that flights to Baghdad, which were interrupted for seventeen years, due first to the embargo and then to the war, will be resumed when the winter timetable goes into effect on 26 October. We will be connecting Baghdad to the whole world via Istanbul with these flights, which for the time being will be thrice weekly. I wish you all a peaceful and healthy holiday and many happy returns.
Have a pleasant flight.
Ph.D., CEO and Member of the Board