- Old rock artist, new storyteller, Alev Lenz
- ‘West Side’ kids
- In memory of composer Selim III
- In 27 languages and 0 different countries
- Underwater and above
- Existence,freedom and self-respect
- Rock holiday at Foça
- Fashion under a single roof
- Countdown for Cohen begins
- On stage: Turks in France, French in Bodrum
- Istanbul and its neighborhoods
- A full summer at Evin
- Towards new horizons with new works
- Selected works from New York
- Big miles campaign from Turkish Airlines
- Flights to Lviv (Ukraine) get under way
- Joint frequent Flyer Program with Jet Airways
- Turkish Airlines fourth in Europe in number of passengers
- Flights to Toronto get under way
- AnadoluJet honors the masters
- Anadolu Jet takes on new sponsorship
- Turkish Airlines and Bosnia & Herzogovina Airlines sign code share agreement
Dear Guests, In the journey it set out on with the mission of becoming one of Europe’s leading airlines, preferred by customers for its flight safety, service quality, range of products and competitiveness, Turkish Airlines is chalking up new successes with every passing day.
We are aiming to go ever higher with the strength we derive from you. We are therefore stepping up our activities in the international arena, filled with pride in being Turkey’s flagship carrier, a responsibility of which we are aware at every step.
As a result of our efforts, we are reaching new heights every day. I would like to share a few of them with you and tell you about Turkish Airlines’ current process of development.
Based on data compiled by the Association of European Airlines (AEA), Turkish Airlines was Europe’s fourth largest in terms of number of passengers carried in the January-May period of 2009. Serving some 8.9 million people following a ten percent increase in passenger numbers, Turkish Airlines today is right behind Germany’s Lufthansa, France’s Air France, and England’s British Airways. Our target now is to become one of the top three. As the only airline in Europe that has managed to increase its passenger traffic and numbers compared with figures for 2008, I am confident that we are soon going to achieve this goal thanks to the successful strategies we have implemented in the recent past and to the favor you have shown us.
In another important and encouraging development we have also earned a strong position in a survey conducted by Aviation Week, one of the most respected publications in the aviation sector. Based on the results of a comprehensive survey under five headings, the magazine ranked airlines in terms of the soundness of their corporate structure. Turkish Airlines is pleased to have placed fourth in this ranking, which included all the airlines in the world. At thirteenth in last year’s survey, our airline rose this year by nine places to earn the title of the airline showing the biggest development.
Turkish Airlines is proud and happy to have achieved these results and accomplished this development at a time when the effects of the economic crisis are still being felt and the competition is becoming more fierce by the day. We are continuously adding new destinations to our flight network through the code share agreements we sign with other airlines. With sure steps, we are rapidly moving forward towards becoming an airline that can link any point in the world with any other. And in that process we are deriving our strength from you.
I thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines and wish you a pleasant flight.
Temel Kotil, Ph.D.
CEO and Member of the Board