- Istanbul Biennial; the tip of the red thread
- More than just a Biennial
- Genius, schizophrenic and pianist
- Surprise opening at Elgiz
- Another Tour By Cohein
- Orhan Pamuk at Harvard
- Young people gather in Skopje
- ‘Ramazan Night’ in Paris
- Film festivals
- A ‘photojournalist’ at the right place at the right time
- Istanbul faces on the metro walls
- Book By The Destination
- Agenda September 09
- Zuhal Olcay on Izmir
- TRT Avaz On Air
- Three Places For A Day Trip
- Hakkari Nature's Marvel In The East
- Tillo: The Wisdom That Catches The Sun
- Prague - A Bohemian Dream
- İzmir - Athens Flights Get Under Way
- Turkish Airlines Recieves Award From Turkish Republic Of Northern Cyprus
- Ramazan Campaign By Turkish Airlines
- Another Special Ramazan Campaign By Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines Flies The Turkish World To Chicago
- Half A Mıllıon Frequent Flyers Choose Shop&Mıles’ Real Mıles Program
- A Brand New Beginning
- Two Awards From Pakistan
Dear Guests, Turkish Airlines is a significant player in a huge sector globally worth over $ 425 billion. As Turkey’s flag carrier, we are proud of our accomplishments and our track record of steady growth in this steeply competitive industry where change is the one constant, and continuously moving the benchmark higher is a way of life. Our relentless work in the last six years has culminated in securing Turkish Airlines a full 1 % market share in the global aviation industry. We achieved 8 % share in the European market with 23 million passengers in 2008, and expect to reach the 10 % line with nearly 27 million passengers by year’s end. This is one more target we are confident of meeting on the strength of our customers’ reliable support and trust in Turkish Airlines.
Last month we passed yet another milestone in our quest for quality excellence as THY Teknik A.Ş., one of Europe’s leading technical support and maintenance service providers, was awarded the Turkish EN/AS9100 Aviation Series as well as the ISO9001:2008 Quality Management System certificates. Turkish Airlines and Teknik A.Ş. give the utmost priority to flight safety, and we are happy to receive these important certificates as further testimony to the uncompromising quality of our maintenance and engineering services on a sustained basis. Jakarta, the capital city of Southeastern Asia’s powerhouse Indonesia, is the latest addition to Turkish Airlines’ international destinations. We have launched this important new route with five flights a week to start with.
We continue to work as diligently as ever in the holy month of Ramazan, striving to offer an enhanced flight experience along with exciting new opportunities to our esteemed passengers. These opportunities include internal flights at tax included prices beginning from 79 TL throughout the Ramazan. I believe this campaign will allow our passengers to fully share in the Ramazan spirit of unity and joyful reunion.
As of this month, our flight magazine Skylife has been redesigned with a richer content. We hope you will enjoy the contemporary new look and new composition of Skylife featuring articles centered around travel, culture and the arts.
Allow me to wish a succesful schoolyear to all students as schools reopen in September. I would also like to extend my felicitations to our passengers and business partners on the occasion of the holy month of Ramazan.
I thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines and wish you a pleasant flight.
Temel Kotil, Ph.D.
CEO and Member of the Board