- Travel Information
You may travel with your pets, provided that they have the relevant vaccination and health certificates, entry permits and/or other documents required by transit countries in full, and are of dimensions appropriate to the special crate. Please click on the headings below for more detailed information...
Animals Prohibited From Our Flights
Dogs liable to cause harm such as American Pitbull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Japanese Tosas, Dogo Argentinos, Dobermans and Rottweilers.
Procedures for the Transport of Pets
- The pets that passengers may travel with are restricted as to kind and number. For this reason travelling with your pet is possible with prior reservation.
- Carriage of pets is subject to the laws of the states of departure, arrival and transit.
- Some countries to not allow entry, exit or transit of pets travelling with passengers. For detalied information please contact reservation or our nearest ticket sales office.
- The carriage of pets is subject to surcharges. In America, Canada and Brazil this is calculated in accord with the piece system for baggage.
- Pets that are to be transported in the cabin must without exception be carried inside a crate of dimensions 45x35x23 cm to be obtained by the owner.
- The weight of the pet to be transported in the cabin must way no more than 6 kg including its crate.
- If the weight of the crate and the pet together exceeds 6 kg the pet will be transported in the cargo compartment.
- A tag must be affixed to the crate specifying the name of the pet and passenger.
- The pet must be healthy, harmless, clean and without odour. If the condition of the animal is seen to be doubtful (the pet is agitated, aggressive, sick etc.) station staff may refuse to accept the pet on board the flight.
- The passenger must have the health documents, vaccination certificates and identity papers of the pet ready for inspection during boarding and on request.
- Guide dogs for the blind and sight impaired may be accepted on board free of charge and without a crate where prior reservation is made. Some countries to not allow entry, exit or transit of pets travelling with passengers. For detalied information please contact reservation or our nearest ticket sales office.
- A maximum of 2 dogs may share a crate, however 2 cats may not travel together in the same crate.
- A maximum of 3 live animals less than 6 months old and of the same mother may be transported in the same crate.
- The limit to the number of pets that may be transported in the cargo compartment is limited by aircraft type.
- Female animals must not be pregnant.
- The pet must not be removed from inside the crate for the duration of the journey.
- Turkish Airlines accepts no liability for any worsening of the condition of the pet either before, during or after the flight.