Turkish Airlines Copyright © 1996 - 2013
- Travel Information
Passport & Visa Information
Please check that your passports are signed. Passports that have not been signed by their owners are deemed invalid.
- Please make sure that your passport is valid during the period when you will be traveling. Furthermore, the term of validity required by the countries visited may vary among different countries. For example; a passport that is valid for a period of a minimum of 6 months may be requested. Likewise, the visa also has to be valid during the period of travel.
- Photographs of the children registered in the passports of their parents must be present in the passports for passengers traveling to Germany.
- The stations in Germany where Turkish citizens may travel across without transit-visas are; Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg, Düsseldorf and Cologne. However, in order to travel across the stations in question without transit-visas requires holding a valid visa or residency permit for Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Ireland, Japan, Lichtenstein, Romania, England, USA and EU countries.
- The information on the travel documentation, passport, identification and tickets must be identical. In the event of a change in the names of persons due to marriage, divorce, etc., the passport should be renewed or official documentation (marriage certificate, divorce verdict, etc.) related to such changes has to be submitted during the voyage.
- The passports must be checked for any damages. Attention must be paid so that the passport booklet has not wholly or partially been separated from the passport cover and that the thin layer of film over the photographed page of the passport has not been separated or torn.
- Some countries do not accept valid visas affixed on invalid passports. For example; Countries like Bulgaria, Russia, Letonia do not accept valid visas affixed on invalid passports. Passengers traveling to these countries must transfer their valid visas affixed on their old passports to their new passports. Spain accepts such visas with a prerequisite; accordingly, it has been announced that if an invalid passport containing a valid Schengen visa has been renewed only for the purpose that it has no more pages left for visas and if the validity date of the passport has not yet passed (although it has been stamped invalid), there is no obstacle in traveling to Spain with a visa affixed on such passports. The visas affixed on passports that have passed their date of validity are not accepted and a new application must be made to obtain a visa to be affixed on the new passport.