- Travel Information
Cats and dogs that have a valid health and vaccination certificate/entry permission for the country of destination can be carried in the cabin in a private cage. Pets not mentioned above and dogs such as the American pitbull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, Japanese tosa, Dogo Argentino, Doberman and Rottweiller will not be transported as a pet.
- There are restrictions on the quantity and species of pets on our flights. For these reasons, a reservation is required for the carriage of such pets in the cabin.
- The carriage of pets is regulated by each state’s laws related to the transportation of pets. Some states may not permit the transportation of pets. Please contact your Reservations or local Ticket Sales Office for detailed information.
- Charges apply for the carriage of pets. The fare is calculated by weighing pets with its kennel which is based on the weight concept.
- The fare calculation for pets to USA, Canada and Brasil flights the piece concept applies.
- These pets are accepted in special pet carriers sized 45x35x23 cm, and passengers are expected to provide the carriers themselves
- If the pet will be carried in the cabin, the total weight of the pet and the carrier shall not exceed 6 kg.
- If the total weight of the pet and the carrier exceed 6kg., the pet will be carried in the cargo compartment.
- There must be a tag on the pet carrier identifying both the passenger and the pet.
- The pet must be healthy, harmless, clean and odorless. If any suspicious condition is observed (uneasiness, aggressiveness, disease etc), the pet may not be accepted on the flight.
- The health certificate, vaccination certificate and identification card of the pet must be present during the check-in process and shall be provided to check-in staff when asked.
- Dogs assisting blind and deaf passengers can be carried free of charge in the cabin without any pet carrier. Some states may not permit the transportation of pets. Please contact your Reservation or local Ticket Sales Office for detailed information.
- Two pets of the same kind (two dogs or two cats) may be housed in the same kennel as long as they are accustomed to one another and the total weight of the kennel does not exceed 6kg.
- A maximum of 3 live animals having the same mothers and are aged up to 6 months old may be carried in the same cage.
- The total number of household pets that can be carried in the cargo compartments are determined according to the restrictions related to the type of aircraft.
- Female animals must not be pregnant.
- Turkish Airlines Inc. assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the deterioration of the state of health of animals carried on board before, during and after the flight.