Airport Services and Flights Operations
1. What time should I arrive at the airport?
For international flights, it is recommended to arrive at airport 2(two) hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight. For domestic flights this duration is 1(one) hour.
Check-in time is one hour prior to the scheduled departure time of domestic flights and two hours prior to the scheduled departure time of international flights. Check-in will be closed a minimum of 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of international flights and a minimum of 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of domestic flights.
You must ensure that you are in possession of a boarding pass and that you have dropped off your baggage before the indicated check-in closing times. If you are waiting in line and expecting that you will arrive too late to check-in, please inform a member of Turkish Airlines' staff about your situation.
2. What’s the latest time to have the boarding pass?
For domestic flights: 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight. For international flights: 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
3. What is the purpose of checking the passengers’ passports and visas?
According to aviation rules; passengers are responsible to get information and valid documents of the country where they travel to. Passport-Visa checks are controlled at the time of check-in and during boarding. The aims of these checks are to prevent passengers traveling with invalid/faulty visa or passport and prevent to pay penalties.
Why does the aircraft parking / gate number change?
The positions of aircraft parking are being organized through the airport control tower by taking consideration of some criterias, such as the number of passengers on the mentioned flight, the next occasion, duration of stay on the ground. All airlines inform their passengers regarding the change of the gate numbers that are assigned to them through announcements and information screens.
4. Child Passenger
What is the age range for children?
Passengers, older than 2 younger than 12, traveling with his/her family are accepted as a child passenger.
Can my child travel alone?
Yes. Children between 7 and 12 years old can travel alone. Unaccompanied Minor Declaration Forms are required to be filled in at the check-in counters and must be signed by parents or guardians.
Is it possible to be accompanied my child, if requested?
Yes, the request must be done 48 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flight.
After the twenty eighth week of their pregnancy, they should submit the report which is obtained from a physician or midwife in the last two weeks, to the representative of Turkish Airlines before the flight , which states that they can travel onboard an aircraft . In this report it’s obligatory to state that,
- The pregnancy is in normal course,
- No complication has been developed,
- The pregnant has no extra risk or sickness,
- Possible due date (the delivery is not expected within 4 weeks after the date of flight),
- There is no inconvenience for the flight.
For detailed infromation please use this link;
6. Our ill passengers
- Ill passengers that have obtained a report from the "There is no obstacle to travel on an aircraft" from the airport physician or other physician that are treating them are permitted to travel on board Turkish Airlines flights.
- This report compiled not later than ten days prior to the flight must be written in both Turkish and English languages.
- Passengers in need of care during the flights may only fly accompanied by their attendants.