- Stopover Points
- Fares And Charges
- Refusal And Limitation Of Carriage
- Schedules, Cancellation Of Flight
- Conduct Aboard Aircraft
- Arrangements By Carrıer
- Administrative Formalities
- Successive Carriers
- Liability For Damage
- Time Limitation On Claims And Actions
- Modification And Waiver
- Information On The Identity Of The Operating Carrier
On failure by Carrier to provide carriage in accordance with the contract of carriage, or where a passenger requests a voluntary change of his or her arrangements, refund for an unused ticket or portion thereof shall be made by Carrier in accordance with this Article and with Carrier's Regulations.
2. Person To Whom Refund Will Be Made
- Except as hereinafter provided in this article, Carrier shal be entitled to make refund either to the person named in the ticket, or to the person who has paid for the ticket upon presentation of satisfactory proof.
- If a ticket has been paid for by a person other than the passenger named in the ticket, and Carrier has indicated on the ticket that there is a restriction on refund, Carrier shall make a refund only to the person paying for the ticket or to that person's order.
- Except in the case of lost tickets, refunds will only be made on surrender to Carrier of the passenger coupon or passenger receipt and surrender of all unused flight coupons.
- A refund made to anyone presenting the passenger coupon or passenger receipt and all unused flight coupons and holding himself or herself out as a person to whom refund may be made in terms of 11.2.1 or 11.2.2 shall be deemed a proper refund and shall descharge Carrier from liability and any further claim or refund.
3. Involuntary Refunds
If Carrier cancels a flight, fails to operate a flight reasonably according to schedule, fails to stop at a point to which the passenger is destined or ticketed to stopover, is unable to provide previously confirmed space or causes the passenger to miss a connecting flight on which the passenger holds a reservation, the amount of the refund shall be:
- (i) the one way fare (less applicable discounts and charges) from point of interruption to destination or point of next stopover, or
- (i) the difference between the paid and the fare for the tansportation used.
4. Voluntary Refunds
If the passenger wishes a refund of his or her ticket for reasons other than those set out in Paragraph of this Article the amount of the refund shall be:
- if no portion of the ticket has been used, an amount equal to the fare paid, less any applicable service charges or cancellation fees;
- if the portion of the ticket has been used, the refund will be an amount equal to the difference between the fare paid and the applicable fare for travel between the points for which the ticket has been used, less any applicable service charges or cancellation fes.
5. Refund On Loss Ticket
If a ticket or a portion thereof is lost,refund will be made on proof of loss satisfactory to Carrier and upon payment of any applicable service charge, on condition:
- that the lost ticket, or portion thereof, has not been used, previously refunded or replaced.
- that the person to whom the refund is made undertakes, in such form as may be prescribed by Carrier, to repay to Carrier the amount refunded in the event and to the extent that the lost ticket or portion thereof is used by any person or that refund thereof is made to any person in possession of the ticket.
6. Right To Refuse Refund
- After the expiry of the validity of the ticket Carrier may refuse refund when application therefore is made later than the time prescribed in Carrier's Regulations.
- Carrier may refuse refund on a ticket which has been presented to Carrier or to government officials of a country as evidence of intention to depart thereform, unless the passenger establishes to Carrier's satisfaction that he or she has permission to remain in the country or that he or she will depart thereform by another carrier or another means of transport.
11. 7 Currency
All refunds will be subject to government laws, rules and regulations or order of the country in which the ticket was originally purchased and of the country in which the refund is being made. Subject to the foregoing provision, refunds will normally be made in the currency in which the ticket was paid for, but may be made in another currency in accordance with Carrier's Regulations.