- Travel Information
Turkish Airlines carries first set of golf and skiing equipments as free of charge. For second and other set of golf & skiing equipments below fares will be applied.
For detailed information on conditions and charges for transporting sports equipment please click on the headings below...
Sports Equipment Baggage
You may take equipment similar to or the same as those listed below with you on Turkish Airlines flights.
Surf board Empty canister Canoe Tent Parachute Archery equipment Inflatable dinghy Ice hockey equipment Mountaineering equipment Para glider Rafting equipment Diving equipment Hang glider Bicycle
Rules and Conditions
- For all the flights to/from MLE (Male/Maldives); one set of Diving Equipment is allowed free of charge untill 30 April 2013.
- Additional golf sets or pairs of water/snow skis and equipment such as those listed above are assessed separately to the passenger's baggage weight and Turkish Airlines special baggage charges are calculated.
- For sports equipment that are listed below, sports equipment charge per piece is taken based on below “Sports Equipment Baggage Charge by Airport” table. If sports equipment weight exceeds 32 kg, sports equipmet is divided into 2 and/or more pieces and for each of them sports equipments charges per piece are taken.
- For other points / Interline carriage the aforementioned exceptions will not be valid. Sports equipment outside of those listed above will be handled in line with IATA terms and conditions.
- For all the flights to/from BIO (Bilbao/Spain), first set of Surf equipments which is max 10 Kg will be carried as free of charge untill 31 December 2013. For second and other additional set of Surf equipments and also for surf equipments which weight is above 10 kg, sports equipment baggage charges will be applied.
- Where check-in is carried out by an airline other than Turkish Airlines, the charges and procedures for the carriage of sports equipment of the airline performing the check-in will be applied.
- In carriage involving a second airline where Turkish Airlines is performing through check-in the above rules will be applied regardless of destination.
- In Interline carriage, the rules given above will cease to be applicable where RESO302 and MSC (Most Significant Carrier) comes into effect and the rules of the Most Significant Carrier will apply.
*Carriage involving a second airline
For journeys between foreign destinations and Turkey or Ercan one-way charges for the carriage of golf sets, water/snow skiing equipment and the sports equipment listed above are as follows:
Sports Equipment Baggage Charge by Airport
Zone Country Departure Point Charge America ABD, Canada Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro South America Brazil Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro Europe Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Ukraine, Romania, Moldova, Albania, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Montenegro, Hungary, Croatia, Austria, Slovenia, Poland, Italy, Belarus, Russia, Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland, France, Latvia, Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Sweden, Spain, Norway, United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, Azerbaijan Turkey / Ercan 30 Euro Africa Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda Turkey / Ercan 50 Euro North Africa Libya, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria Turkey / Ercan 30 Euro South Africa Republic of South Africa Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro CIS Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro Middle East Iraq, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait Turkey / Ercan 30 Euro Asia Pakistan, India, Maldives, Sri Lanka Turkey / Ercan 50 Euro Far East Korea, China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro Interline* Any Interline Carriage Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro
For carriage with points of destination and arrival outside of Turkey, one-way charges for flights departing Turkey or Ercan are totalled and applied.
Example: Carriage of a piece of sports equipment in journey Chicago-Istanbul-Tunis (CHI-IST-TUN / One way) is charged as follows: Chicago-Istanbul: 60 Euro + Istanbul-Tunis: 30 Euro, total payable: 90 Euro.