- Travel Information
- Minors-Mothers to Be-INCAD
Passengers With Disability
We suggest that our passengers arrive in the airports at least 1 hour before domestic flights and 2 hours before international flights so their flight transactions can be completed on time.
The cabin crew unfortunately cannot help you during the flight in matters related to breathing devices, food, monitoring medication and restroom needs. However, they will assist you on opening of your meal cover and utensils in plastic bags, and on your way to the door and back if you need to use the lavatories.
Our ill passengers:
- Ill passengers that have obtained a report from the "There is no obstacle to travel on an aircraft" from the airport physician or other physician that are treating them are permitted to travel on board Turkish Airlines flights.
- This report compiled not later than ten days prior to the flight must be written in both Turkish and English languages.
- Passengers in need of care during the flights may only fly accompanied by their attendants.
Our Visually Impaired and Hearing Impaired Passengers:
- No medical reports are requested from visually impaired and hearing impaired passengers and they may travel unaccompanied. However, passenger with both visual and hearing impairments must travel attended.
- Guide dogs are accepted into the cabin free of charge after their reservations are made. Dogs attending passengers with their disabilities are allowed into the cabin without being placed in a cage. The dogs must be clean, muzzled and they must sit in front of passenger and or under neat the seat. The guide dogs accepted on board must have a valid health certificate, identification, vaccination documentation and other documentation required by the laws of the country that is traveled to.
Our passengers with Limited Movement Ability:
- No reports are requested from passengers with disabilities, however, passengers with disabilities that cannot use the lavatories unattended or those with disabilities that prevent them to exit the aircraft by themselves if needed are not allowed to board the aircraft unattended unless they claim self sufficiency.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the flights for patient bed requests. You may obtain information for flights departing in less than 24 hours from our reservation units.
- A separate check-in counter is found in the Ataturk Airport for our disabled passengers. Disabled passengers are given priority in other airports.
Who Isn’t Allowed to Board the Aircraft?
- Passengers who need to use electrical or pressurized equipment during the flight (Except for oxygen tubes and portable respiratory equipment supplied by Turkish Airlines). However passengers may bring their own portable oxygen concentrators, CPAP machines etc as long as the device is FAA approved and passengers are responsible to have enough battery for the duration of the flight.
- Passengers who have had asthma attacks before the plane's doors have been closed,
- Newborn infants who have been born within the last 48 hours,
- Passengers with contagious diseases during the communicable term of their disease are not allowed to board the aircraft under any circumstances.