Turkish Airlines carries first set of golf and skiing equipments free of charge. In addition, one diving equipment/set per person will be allowed without additional fees for departures from and arrivals to Male, Akabe, Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, until 31.12.2016.For other (more than 1) set of golf and skiing equipment sports equipments charges will apply. For detailed information on conditions and charges for transporting sports equipment please click on the headings below
Sports equipment not specified in the table is handled as part of the standard baggage allowance and special sports equipment charges are not applicable.
Sports Equipment Baggage
Items in the table below can be taken with you on Turkish Airlines flights and the specified transportation fee will be charged.
Golf Equipments* Water/Snow Skiing Equipment* Surf Board** Scuba Diving Equipment*** Tent Empty Canister Inflatable Dinghy Rafting Equipment Archery Equipment Canoe Ice Hokey Equipment Hang glider Para glider Parachute Mountaineering Equipment Bicycle
Rules, Conditions and Exceptions
For all flights departing from Moscow, arriving in Mauritius and returning to Moscow, kitesurfing equipment will be carried free of charge until December 31, 2016. For stopovers in Turkey lasting over 24 hours, find our fees for carrying sporting equipment below.
A kitesurfing set includes one kite and one surf board.
- For all journeys to/from BIO (Bilbao), SCQ (Santiago De Compostela), LIS (Lisbon), OPO (Porto), the surf equipment is/are carried free of charge up to the total weight of 10 Kg without any piece or other limitations. If the total weight exceeds 10 kg, for each surf equipment set, sports equipment baggage charges below will be applied. This application will be valid until 31 December 2016 (Included)**
A set of surf equipment contains: One board, one wooden boom, a pole and a sail
- Additional golf sets or pairs of water/snow skis and equipment such as those listed above are assessed separately to the passenger's baggage weight and Turkish Airlines special baggage charges are calculated.*
- Up to and including March 31 2016, we will carry your first set of diving and surfing equipment, free of charge, on both outbound and inbound flights of journeys departing from Tel Aviv to Colombo. For stopovers of over 24 hours in Turkey, we charge the sports equipment fees below. One set of diving equipment includes: diving suit, fins, mask, one empty scuba tank (oxygen cylinder), scuba regulator, harness, cylinder pressure gauge, buoyancy compensator (BCD jacket), underwater light, snorkel, knife, harpoon and life jacket. One set of surfing equipment includes: one surf board, one windsurfing board, one boom, one mast and a sail.
- For sports equipment that are listed below, sports equipment charge per piece is taken based on below “Sports Equipment Baggage Charge by Airport” table. If sports equipment weight exceeds 32 kg, sports equipmet is divided into 2 and/or more pieces and for each of them sports equipments charges per piece are taken.
- For other points / Interline carriage the aforementioned exceptions will not be valid. Sports equipment outside of those listed above will be handled in line with IATA terms and conditions.
- For travelling originating from SAO to SIN, KUL, CGK, BKK, MLE free baggage allowance is applied as 2 pcs and each piece 32 kg. As of 26 September 2013, instead of 2 pcs X 32 kg, passengers can also bring 1 pcs X 32 kg and 1 surfboard bag which includes 3 surfboard with max 3 metres and not heavier than 32 kg for total weight. If passengers bring more than 3 surfboard, sports equipments and bicycle charges will apply for each extra piece.On flights originating from SAO to SIN, KUL, CGK, BKK, MLE and/or their return journeys to SAO which include a stopover of over 24 hours in Turkey, the following charges are made for surfboard equipment. **
- Dimensions vary according to the aircraft type.
- Until 20th April 2016, from TLL to AYT/GZP routes, and returning of this journeys if starting point is TLL, one bicycle which has to be equal or less than 15kg, can be carried free of charge. 2nd and more bicycle or bicycle which weights more than 15kgs, should be charged with Sport Equipments and Bicycle charges.
- A set of scuba diving equipment for all travellings to/from HRG (Hurghada), SSH (Sharm El Sheikh), AQJ (Aqaba), MLE (Maldives) and MNL (Manila) is carried free of charge in accordance with the market condition. For second and more scuba diving sets, sports equipments and bicycle charges that are shown below will be charged. This application is valid for MNL until 31 August 2016 (included), for HRG, SSH, AQJ, MLE until 31 December 2016 (included).
- A Scuba Diving set consists: Wetsuit, flippers, a diving mask, an empty tank bottle, regulator, backplate/Harness, BCD-jacket (Buoyancy compensator diving jacket), a diving lamp, snorkel, knife, lance and scuba life vest.
- On all trips to/from Miami taking place between 25 October 2015 - 25 October 2016 inclusively, the usual baggage allowance of 2 bags of 23 kg in Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg in Business Class will be applied as follows: Economy Class - 1 bag of 23 kg and one surfboard bag which includes maximum of 3 surfboard (maximum length 3 m, maximum weight 23 kg); Business Class - 1 bags of 32 kg and 1 surfboard bag includes maximum of 3 surfboard bags (maximum length 3 m, maximum weight 32 kg). For each individual surfboard over the maximum of 3, the following sports equipment fees will be charged.
- Until December 31, 2016, 1 bicycle may be carried free of charge on flights departing from VNO (Vilnius), CTR (Tallinn) and RIX (Riga), and arriving at AYT (Antalya) and GZP (Gazipasa). The first piece of kite surfing equipment or first kite surfing set may be carried free of charge on flights departing from VNO (Vilnius) and arriving at HRG (Hurghada). The second and every additional bicycle or piece of sports equipment will be subject to a carrying fee.
- Until December 31, 2016, surfing equipment up to a total of 10 KG (no limit on number of items), and the first piece of diving equipment or first diving set may be carried free of charge on flights departing from TLV (Tel Aviv) and arriving at MLE (Male) and CMB (Colombo). If the total weight of surfing equipment exceeds 10 KG, each piece of equipment will be subject to a carrying fee.
- MSC (Most Significant Carrier)
“If another airline is involved in your whole journey; the most significant carrier’s (MSC) baggage rule will be applied in according to RESO302 and MSC. MSC is assigned according to which airline operates the most significant and/or longest part of the journey.
- If Turkish Airline is MSC in your journey then Turkish Airline’s sports equipment and bicycle charges will apply, if another airline is MSC in your journey than the sports equipment and bicycle charge of that airline will apply.”
- MSC (Most Significant Carrier)
For the trips from abroad to Turkey or Ercan International Airport, or from Turkey or Ercan International Airport to abroad, one-way fees and implementation conditions regarding the transportation of sports equipment given in the table above are as follows:
Sports Equipment Baggage Charge by Airport
Zone Country Departure Point Charge America ABD, Canada Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro South America Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Panama Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro Europe Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Ukraine, Romania, Moldova, Albania, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Montenegro, Hungary, Croatia, Austria, Slovenia, Poland, Italy, Belarus, Russia, Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland, France, Latvia, Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Sweden, Spain, Norway, United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, Azerbaijan, Albania, Ukrayna, Estonya, Litvanya, Lüksemburg, Slovakia, etc… Turkey / Ercan 30 Euro Africa Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Congo Dem. Rep., Burkina Faso, Nijer, Cameroon, Gabon, Cote D Ivoire (Fildişi Sahilleri), Moritanya, Djibuti, Somali, Rwanda, Chad, Benin Halk Cumhuriyeti, Mali, Guinea, Eritrea, Angola Turkey / Ercan 50 Euro North Africa Libya, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria Turkey / Ercan 30 Euro South Africa Republic of South Africa, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro CIS Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro Middle East Iraq, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Sudan Turkey / Ercan 30 Euro Asia Pakistan, India, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Moğolistan, Afganistan Turkey / Ercan 50 Euro Far East Korea, China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Philipines, Taiwan Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro Interline* Any Interline Carriage Turkey / Ercan 60 Euro
For carriage with points of destination and arrival outside of Turkey, one-way charges for flights departing Turkey or Ercan are totalled and applied.
Example: Carriage of a piece of sports equipment in journey Chicago-Istanbul-Tunis (CHI-IST-TUN / One way) is charged as follows: Chicago-Istanbul: 60 Euro + Istanbul-Tunis: 30 Euro, total payable: 90 Euro.