Lag’s Limitations On Domestic Flights
Turkish Government has implemented guidelines that restrict the amount of liquids, aerosols and gels that passengers can carry in their hand-carried luggage in domestic flights in addition to international flights. The guidelines apply to all flights departing within domestic routes.
We, as, Turkish Airlines would like to inform our passengers regarding beginning date of the newly implemented regulation.
- March 01/2012 Istanbul - Sabiha Gökçen Airport (pilot scheme)
- April 01/2012 - All Domestic Airports
Passengers are advised to check-in all liquids, aerosols and gels (LAGs) that do not meet the new guidelines. Liquids, aerosols and gels in hand-carried luggage should be packed in accordance with the new guidelines, prior to arriving the airport.
The guidelines on hand-carried luggage are :
- Liquids, aerosols and gels must be in containers with a maximum capacity of not more than 100 ml each. Liquids, aerosols and gels in containers larger than 100 ml will not be accepted, even if the container is partially-filled;
- Containers must be placed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag with a maximum capacity not exceeding 1-litre. These containers must fit comfortably within the transparent re-sealable plastic bag, which must be completely closed;
- Each passenger is allowed to carry only one transparent re-sealable plastic bag, which must be presented separately for examination at the security screening point;
Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport considering the time these controls would take;
Liquids, aerosols and gels include:
- Drinks, including water and juices
- Soups and sauces
- Perfumes and deodorants (liquid or liquid-solid mixture)
- Creams, balms, lotions and oils
- Cosmetics such as mascara and lip gloss
- Pastes, including toothpaste
- Pressurised foams and sprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants
- Gels, including hair and shower gels
- Contact lens solution
- Any other items of similar consistency
Exemptions will be made for medications and baby food. These items will be subjected to additional checks at the security screening point.
- If traveling with an infant, baby food, milk etc. in small containers and reasonable amounts for your itinerary. (You may be asked to taste these, in final security control points)
Prescription medicine, properly labelled (professionally printed label identifying the medication or a manufacturer’s name or pharmaceutical label) and with a name that matches the passenger's ticket/boarding pass; to facilitate the screening process, passengers are encouraged to present documentation supporting a medical condition, e.g. a doctor's note.
The liquir guidelines on hand-carried luggage are :
• Volume Max. 1 Litre
• Essential medicines (With prescription and original package)
• Baby food are permitted during the flight
• Only one piece cabin baggage