Travel Service Provider must refrain from below booking practices but not limited to
1.Speculative /Fictitious Bookings ;
- Post departure bookings
- Bookings made with fake names. Not limited to but such as surnames ABC/FGHJK/. Initials like A/B/C . Names of celebrities.
- Impossible Bookings : Itinerary with bookings illogical for passenger to meet such as multiple destinations, bookings with connections that depart before arrival of the inbound flight.
- Booking created to block the space or to reach the CRS designated productivity count, if there is no definite passenger.
- Booking not cancelled immediately when passenger notifies travel service provider of cancellation
- Open segments entered for other that of ticketing purposes
- Repeatedly high cancellation ratio Remarkable amounts of unticketed bookings made within 24 hours of flight departure (same day bookings)
- Test PNRs ; such bookings must not be created in live mode, test mode shall be used for this purpose.
- Bookings created for agency training.
- Bookings created for business tracking purposes.
- Booking made for sole purpose of obtaining customer visa and other regarding documents.
- Bookings created to keep copy of itinerary. Please use below codes for such purposes;
Sabre - YK status code - 0TK006J01NOVORDISTYK1
Amadeus-Ghost Segment - SSTK108Y12JULISTESBGK1/08000900/PNR NO SEE HELP PAGES :HE SS,MS625
Worldspan-Travel Segment – (From availability screen) 01Y1@TVL SEE HELP PAGES-HELP TVLC
Galileo –Tour Segment - 0TURTKBK1IST26NOV-FREE FORMAT SEE HELP PAGES :H/AUXS
3.Inactive Bookings ;
- Failure to remove all inactive HX,UN,UC,NO,SC,TK,US,PN or WK status codes from PNR
- When the desired waitlisted segment is confirmed all other waitlisted segments no longer needed, must be removed.
** Agent should monitor queues regularly and remove all inactive segments. All inactive segments must be removed 24 hours prior to departure time.
4.Married Segments ;
Married Segment abuses/violations are being monitored by Turkish Airlines and the bookings created and/or ticketed accordingly will be sentenced to ADM. Apart from the ADM penalty given in the beginning of the procedures, the total amount of any ADM that will be issued for married segment abuse/violations will be as follows;
(total number of passengers x 500 EUR) per PNR
The following will be considered as Married Segment abuse;
- Manipulation on married segments
- Partial cancellation of any married segment made against rules,
- Any activity to use fake flights/destinations in order to book for lower classes for the desired segments.
Besides having an ADM , the agencies responsible for such abuses may also be blacklisted for using Turkish Airlines’ services ;such as availability display, booking and ticketing. In case the creator/owner and the ticketing agencies are different , both agencies will be sentenced to such penalty .
5.No - Show ;
Any kind of ticketing causing remarkable no-shows, such as but not limited to ;
- No-shows occured for the segments created in order to be used just for ticketing the whole itinerary with a lower fare.
- Remarkable amount of no-shows occured within a certain or different flights, etc.
Apart from the ADM penalty given in the beginning of the procedures, for such abuses, responsible agency will be subject to an ADM that will be calculated as the highest fare on the related route.
6.Duplicate Bookings ;
Duplicate bookings: booking more than one reservation for the same passenger within one or more CRS. The following are considered duplicate bookings whether
- The same flight number on the same or different date. Flight segments in a PNR are active or passive:
- Different flt .numbers for the same city pair for the same or for a different date
- Different destination point on the same or different date
- Same or nearby airport
- Similiar itinerary booked on other airline and Turkish
Passive Segments are only to be entered to issue a ticket for a confirmed PNR held in airline host system. Non-accredited agencies do not have ticketing authority, thus should not use passive segment codes. All passive segment entries are monitored via Turkish Airlines robotic system and those that do not meet the set criteria are rejected automatically, and a message is sent with the NO status code (a code generated by airlines when booking policies are not followed) defining the purpose of rejection.
It is of utmost importance to delete all NO segments from the PNR to prevent unnecessary costs to Turkish Airlines and ADM to travel service provider that do not comply with this policy. In order to assist you with your bookings and to avoid inconvenience to your passengers, please see an explanation of various SSR messages below. For further details or inquiries please call Turkish Airlines sales office or send an e-mail to:email@example.com
- Passive segment may be entered only for ticketing purposes when booking is made through the airline system. The booking class must match.
- Non-accredited travel service provider must not create passive bookings as they do not have the ticketing authorities.
- Passive segments must not be used to create a copy of a PNR when passenger requests an invoice or itinerary. Instead please see non-billable status codes under administrative bookings.
- All NO status codes must be deleted from PNR as this booking is rejected by airline
Travel service supplier will recieve NO staus code for airline upon the below circumstances ;
1) No Ticketing Authority: This message is only sent to non-accredited agencies.
2) No matching PNR found:This message is sent when the passive segment does not match any record in the airline’s system.
3) Spelling error correct name: Passenger’s name should be entered accordingly to the active booking created in the airline’s system.
4) PNR is under control of another agency: Active booking held in the airline’s system has been created by another agency. The booking should be queued to agency for ticketing, provided that both agencies are using the same CRS.
5) Class mismatch cancel and verify:The class of the passive segment does not match the class of the original booking.
6) Holding active booking from you: Active segment held in the airline’s system is originally created by the same agency. Agency should issue ticket off the active record.
7) PL segments are not accepted: Passive waitlists are not accepted, as passive segments are only to be entered to issue ticket for confirmed segments
8) Passive segment message previously received: This message alerts agent that the segment has already been entered and accepted.
9) NO exact match pls verify: The number in the party does not match the record held by the Turkish Airlines.
10) Active segment in the airlines system is waitlisted: Agency cannot enter passive segment until the waitlisted segment has been confirmed.
11) Invalid airport code cancel and verify: Agency has entered a passive segment with a wrong airport code / city code.
12) Flight number mismatch - cancel and verify: Flight number of passive segment does not match the flight number in the airline’s system.
13) There is an active booking on the same CRS: Another agency has originally created the active PNR
14) Active PNR is cancelled in airlines system: Active booking has been cancelled in the airline’s system. Please check the original PNR.
15) Name mismatch - cancel and verify: When the names in the PNR do not match the names received previously. Mismatch exceeds 2 characters (two letters)