- Press Releases
- Turkish Airlines, the best in Europe in last three years(18.06.2013)
- New destinations in Baltic States(11.06.2013)
- Turkish Airlines added its 231st destination by inaugurating flights to Constanta, Romania(07.06.2013)
- Air New Zealand and Turkish Airlines signed a codeshare agreement(05.06.2013)
- Air Astana and Turkish Airlines sign a codeshare agreement(04.06.2013)
Turkish Airlines to be the main sponsor of Europe Ladies Golf Tournament for the 3rd time...
For the 3rd time, Turkish Airlines will be the main sponsor of the 4th Turkish Ladies Open to be held in Belek, Antalya, Turkey.
Turkish Airlines' ongoing support for the event is one of the reasons that golf has become more popular in Turkey with a growing fan base. The 2012 Ladies Tour began in Australia in February and moves to Turkey from May 10th to the 13th, being held for the fourth time at the National Golf Club in Belek, Antalya. The field consists of 126 professional women golf players from 30 countries.
The winner of the 2011 Turkish Airlines Ladies Open champion, 24-year-old Christel Boeljon from Holland, is just one of the many professional golfers who have built reputations in their field and will appear. Others famous names who will participate include America's most successful player, Christina Kim, British players Melissa Reid and Laura Davies, Scotland's Becky Brewerton, and Sweden's Helen Alfredson.
Prior to the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open tournament, there will be a Pro-Am Tournament between teams of 4 that will include one professional and three amateur players, with many prominent Turkish amateurs as well as members of the foreign business community participating. The annual tournament, supported by Turkish Airlines, has raised awareness of the sport in Turkey which continues to gain in popularity.