- Press Releases
- Turkish Airlines, the best in Europe in last three years(18.06.2013)
- New destinations in Baltic States(11.06.2013)
- Turkish Airlines added its 231st destination by inaugurating flights to Constanta, Romania(07.06.2013)
- Air New Zealand and Turkish Airlines signed a codeshare agreement(05.06.2013)
- Air Astana and Turkish Airlines sign a codeshare agreement(04.06.2013)
Turkish Airlines is joining the Euroleague players in community outreach projects...
Turkish Airlines, the Euroleague Basketball title sponsor, has partnered to created an initiative, "One Team", as a way to reach out to those in our society who are disadvantaged, either mentally or physically. As a founding partner of the project, THY and the players will donate their time as the group reaches out to people who often are overlooked by society and will use their skills, learned on the court, to brighten lives.
Euroleague CEO, Mr. Jordi Bertomeu: " One Team project is a highly credible combination of social interaction programmes and education that empowers our clubs with an even greater relevance and interaction with their communities.”
"Turkish Airlines is very excited to be part of an initiative that uses sport to positively impact society." said Turkish Airlines CEO, Temel Kotil, Ph.D. "At Turkish Airlines we believe that sport is a unique language that can inspire and One Team uses that language to talk to those who most need to hear its message of positive values".
In the first year of the One Team project, 8 teams have agreed to participate (Alba Berlin, Anadolu Efes, CSKA, Maccabi, Olimpia Milano, Olympiacos, Real Madrid and Unicaja) and in coming years the number should grow, eventually including all the Euroleague teams.
Under the framework of the project, two of the projects take place in Istanbul. In the first of these, a visit to Bahçelievler Dormitory, a basketball court will be built, and the players will work with the children, providing training and support.
Location: Bahçelievler foundling hospital
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2012
Participants will include:
- Suat Kilic - Sports Minister
- Fatma Sahin-State Minister for Family Affairs
- Huseyin Avni Mutlu - Istanbul Governor
- Kadir Topbaş- Chairman of the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
- Osman Develioglu - Bahçelievler Mayor
- Turgay Demirel - President, Turkish Basketball Association
- Temel Kotil - Turkish Airlines' General Manager
- Jordi Bartemeu - Chairman of the Euroleague
- CSKA Moscow: Ramunas Siskauskas and Milos Teodosic
- Panathinaikos: Mike Batiste anf Stratos Perperoglou
- Olympiacos: Kyle Hines and Georgios Printezis
- FC Barcelona Regal: Marcelinho Huertas and Boniface Ndong
On the following day, Friday, May 11th, 2012, between 10:30 to 12:30, One Team will sponsor a Basketball Symposium at Kadir Has University. The theme of the symposium is Good Business Can Be Good for Business: Sports, Sponsorships, and the effect of social responsibility in professional sports.
Registration can be done at www.euroleague.net symposium is free to join.
Turkish Airlines, Inc