Turkish Airlines Copyright © 1996 - 2013
- Press Releases
- Public Announcement(20.05.2013)
- Turkish Airlines’ consolidated financial statements in the first quarter of 2013 were reported to Borsa Istanbul(20.05.2013)
- Turkish Airlines began operations to Isparta, Turkey...(20.05.2013)
- Good news for Turkish Cargo Customers in Middle East…(17.05.2013)
- The Turkish Airlines Euroleague Final Four lands in London(10.05.2013)
- Turkish Airlines approaches to Sports Sponsorships in a ground breaking way with “Eye of The Fan”(10.05.2013)
Turkish Airlines continues to expand...
15.02.2013In January 2013, Turkish Airlines continued to post impressive growth statistics as shown by the following metrics.
The number of international passengers increased by a stunning 34% in comparison with 2012.
The number of passengers carried in January 2013 was 3.2 million, an increase of 23% over 2012. On domestic routes, the increase was 9% and on international services, 34%.
In 2012, the number of passengers exceeded 39 million, which was the target for 2013. Turkish Airlines has therefore exceeded its own prediction.
The number of passengers carried in International Business and Comfort Class grew by 22% and transfer passengers at THY's Istanbul hub increased by 42%.
Passenger load factor (seats occupied) grew to 75.9%, increasing by 3.3 percentage points over the previous year.
The available seat kilometers in January 2013 increased by 24%, from 6.8 billion to 8.4 billion. Domestically, the increase was 10% while the international offer grew by 26%.
In January 2012, cargo and mail also showed a significant increase of 21.8%, growing from 29,210 tons to 35,568 tons.
Turkish Airlines, Inc