- Press Releases
- Good news for Turkish Cargo Customers in Middle East…(17.05.2013)
- The Turkish Airlines Euroleague Final Four lands in London(10.05.2013)
- Turkish Airlines approaches to Sports Sponsorships in a ground breaking way with “Eye of The Fan”(10.05.2013)
- Turkish Airlines adds 5 new destinations in May 2013(08.05.2013)
- A new benefit from Turkish Airlines…(07.05.2013)
- Turkish Airlines began operations to Friedrichshafen, Germany...(02.05.2013)
Turkish Airlines 2009 net profit 559 million TL...
Operating Profit 832 million TL...
Turkish Airlines 2009 consolidated financial statements were reported to Istanbul Stock Exchange.
According to the reported financial statements, 2009 net profit stood at 559 million TL, a 51 percent decrease compared to 2008, operating profit increased by 12 percent, reaching 832 million TL. Sales revenue increased by 15 percent to 7 billion TL. Approximately 79 percent of our scheduled service revenue was obtained from international lines and 21 percent was from domestic lines.
By the end of 2009, the number of aircraft in our fleet increased by 4 percent reaching 132, compared to 127 aircraft at the beginning of the year. In parallel to the 22 percent increase in Available Seat Kilometer (ASK), the number of passengers increased by 11 percent to 25 million 99 thousand, cargo and mail carried increased by 20 percent to 238 thousand. As a result of the mentioned capacity increase, passenger load factor declined by 3.1 percentage points from the previous year to 70,9 percent.
On the other hand, as part of Turkish Airlines 2008-2023 fleet projection, out of 105 aircraft decided to be purchased in the year 2008, we have placed firm order of 22 wide-body, 40 narrow-body and 2 wide body cargo aircraft, a total of 64 aircraft to be delivered by the end of 2014.
In the crisis year 2009, when our competitors in the sector reduced capacity, our operational and financial growth is giving us great pleasure. As we move forward, we continue to work hard in order to maintain our success achieved in 2009.
Turkish Airlines, Inc