Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport New CIP Lounge...
As the construction of the new domestic terminal is about to be commenced, The Turkish Airlines CIP Lounge of the domestic terminal has been moved into a new location within the TAV Terminal for continuing to service to its dear guests, since 12th of December, 2011. Ticket sales and check-in services are available for all passengers in the new CIP Lounge for the duration of the construction of the new domestic terminal in Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport. The new CIP Lounge may be reached through a special way in the direction of the arrival floor in TAV International Terminal.
Stating your Miles&Smiles card number while making your reservation and presenting your membership card during check-in will be sufficient for the automatic credit of your flights. Please do not forget to state your full name exactly as appears on your Miles&Smiles card to our staff assisting you in completing your reservation.Due to that reason, ın order to register missing flights into their accounts, our members are subject to proceed with their ID cards. Please pay attention especially our members with double names.
To the attention of Elite Plus members!
As already known, Miles&Smiles program Elite Plus card holder’s “reservation assurance,” available for reservations completed at least 72 hours before departure for Economy and Comfort cabin, 48 hours before departure in Business Class flights is applicable for the following booking classes: Domestic Flight, Economy Cabin Y-B Class; Domestic Flight, Business Cabin C Class; International Flight, Economy Cabin Y-B-M Class; International Flight, Comfort U Class; and International Flight, Business Cabin C-D Class. As of November 01, 2011 reservation assurance for Elite Plus members in the above mentioned classes will only be applicable for domestic and international Economy Cabin Y Class, Business Cabin C Class and Comfort Cabin U Class flights.
To the attention of Miles&Smiles members flying to United States Of America
Free baggage allowance of TK direct Filghts from/to America destinations (NYC,WAS,LAX,CHI) is applied as 2 pcs. Free baggage allowance for America Interline Travels include other carriers is applied as 1 pcs. Elite, Elite Plus and Star Alliance Gold Members have an additional piece of luggage (on transatlantic flights). For free baggage allowance and excess baggage charges details please click.
To the attention of Spain passengers!
Authorities stated that there is no objection to travelling to Spain, if the old passport including a valid Schengen visa was renewed because there were no blank visa pages left, and if the passport has not expired yet (even if it has a cancellation stamp). Visas in expired passports are deemed invalid, and a new visa application is needed for the new passport.
Lag’s Limitations On Domestic Flights
Turkish Government has implemented guidelines that restrict the amount of liquids, aerosols and gels that passengers can carry in their hand-carried luggage in domestic flights in addition to international flights. The guidelines apply to all flights departing within domestic routes.
We, as, Turkish Airlines would like to inform our passengers regarding beginning date of the newly implemented regulation.
- March 01/2012 Istanbul - Sabiha Gökçen Airport (pilot scheme)
- April 01/2012 - All Domestic Airports
The guidelines on hand-carried luggage are :
- Liquids, aerosols and gels must be in containers with a maximum capacity of not more than 100 ml each. Liquids, aerosols and gels in containers larger than 100 ml will not be accepted, even if the container is partially-filled;
- Containers must be placed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag with a maximum capacity not exceeding 1-litre. These containers must fit comfortably within the transparent re-sealable plastic bag, which must be completely closed;
- Each passenger is allowed to carry only one transparent re-sealable plastic bag, which must be presented separately for examination at the security screening point;
Liquids, aerosols and gels include:
- Drinks, including water and juices
- Soups and sauces
- Perfumes and deodorants (liquid or liquid-solid mixture)
- Creams, balms, lotions and oils
- Cosmetics such as mascara and lip gloss
- Pastes, including toothpaste
- Pressurised foams and sprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants
- Gels, including hair and shower gels
- Contact lens solution
- Any other items of similar consistency
Exemptions will be made for medications and baby food. These items will be subjected to additional checks at the security screening point.
If traveling with an infant, baby food, milk etc. in small containers and reasonable amounts for your itinerary. (You may be asked to taste these, in final security control points)
Prescription medicine, properly labelled (professionally printed label identifying the medication or a manufacturer’s name or pharmaceutical label) and with a name that matches the passenger's ticket/boarding pass; to facilitate the screening process, passengers are encouraged to present documentation supporting a medical condition, e.g. a doctor's note.