- Old rock artist, new storyteller, Alev Lenz
- ‘West Side’ kids
- In 27 languages and 0 different countries
- Underwater and above
- Existence,freedom and self-respect
- Fashion under a single roof
- Countdown for Cohen begins
- On stage: Turks in France, French in Bodrum
- Istanbul and its neighborhoods
- A full summer at Evin
- Towards new horizons with new works
- Selected works from New York
Towards new horizons with new works
Istanbul Modern Art Museum is celebrating its fifth year with an exhibition of its renewed and expanded collection.
Entitled New Works, New Horizons, the exhibition is significant in terms of reflecting in detail the development of modern and contemporary art in Turkey. Shown in the exhibition on both of the museum’s two levels are 200 works by 134 artists, including recent painters such as Kutluğ Ataman, Ayşe Erkmen, Gülsün Karamustafa, Nil Yalter, Hale Tenger, Erdağ Aksel, Sarkis, Nezaket Ekici, Canan şenol, Taner Ceylan, Halil Altındere, Serkan Özkaya and Leyla Gediz. Curated by Istanbul Modern’s Chief Curator, Levent Çalıkoğlu, the exhibition also includes an installation entitled Ex It, donated to the museum by Yoko Ono, who is to receive the Golden Lion Lifetime Achievement Award at this year’s Venice Biennale. Through 30 August.