- Turkish Airlines Is IDE Transportation Sponsor
- Bologna Inaugurated As 120th Destination
- Hina Matsuri At Ataturk Airport
- Turkish Airlines Signs Sponsorship Agreement With Maroussi BC
- Cooperation With KFC In Pakistan
- Turkish Airlines Remembers Martyrs’ Day, March 18th
- Turkish Airlines Goes To Old Trafford
- Turkish Airlines-Swiss Cooperation To Start In April
- Turkish Airlines Wins Best Marketing Award
- Turkish Airlines At ITB Berlin 2010
Write: Jülide Karahan
Helfgott Returns to Istanbul
World-renowned pianist David Helfgott will perform for Istanbul music lovers on April 6th and 8th.
Pianist David Helfgott, a diagnosed schizophrenic whose life was adapted for the big screen in the Oscar-winning film ‘Shine’, is coming to Istanbul to perform Rachmaninoff’s Third Piano Concerto. The artist will be at Aya İrini Museum on April 6th and at Lütfi Kırdar Conference and Exhibition Center on April 8th. The 70-member Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra, under conductor Naci Özgüç, will accompany Helfgott in the concerts, which are being realized with contributions by the Istanbul 2010 European Capital of Culture Agency and the daily ‘Hürriyet’.
Helfgott, who is coming to Istanbul on April 4th with an 11-member entourage including his wife, his manager, his private physicians and his assistants, has just one request from the concert organizers: to be able to tour at his leisure Topkapı Palace, the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia Museum, all of which he visited only briefly on his previous visit.
YOUTH CHOIRS FESTIVAL
The ‘Bogaziçi University Youth Choirs Festival’ (Korofest) will take place April 13-18 at Bogaziçi University with the backing of the Istanbul 2010 European Capital of Culture Agency. A joint project of the Albert Long Hall Concert Series and the university’s Music Club, the festival program includes the ‘Camerata Vocale Hannover’ from Germany and the ‘Cantemus Choir’ of Hungary.