- Balm to Farhad's Heart: Eastern Anatolia
- A New Media Museum in Istanbul
- Around to World at Istanbul Akvaryum
- So Many Things to Discover Saudi Arabia
- Beyond Your Wildest Imaginings
- Purify Yourself with a Fall Detox
- The Slow Food Revolution
- Greeting Autumn
- Microrobots are going to Change our Lives
- A Fashion Storm is Brewing in Europa
- The Museum of Palace Collections
- Art, Left Right and Center
- The Last Roll of Kodachrome
- Have Your Hats Ready!
- Turkey's Youth Orchestra Goes on Tour
- Lend an Ear to the Young!
- Art Goes Electronic
- A Digital Temple Awaits You
- You're Invited to Queen's University
- Three Books About Cities
- Markar Esayan’s Jerusalem
- First Right, Then Left
- 7 Facts About Malaysia
- 3 Plesant Hours Under 3 Plane Trees
- Quiet and Slow: The Istanbul Biennial
- Nearer Than Ever Now: Iraq
- The Turkish Airlines Trademark Has Left an Indelible Impression in a Spectacular Event That Brought U.S. Fans the Soccer They Crave.
Write: Jülide Karahan
Art, Left Right and Center
Art, Left Right and Center
IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE IN ISTANBUL AFTER SEPTEMBER 17, DON’T LIMIT YOURSELF TO THE 12TH ISTANBUL BIENNIAL. HAVE A LOOK AROUND THE CITY. IT’S ART, LEFT RIGHT AND CENTER.
The 12th Istanbul Biennial is welcoming a whole slew of important figures from the world of contemporary in Istanbul through November 13th. Critics, curators, museum and gallery managers and members of the foreign press will all be on hand, some four thousand of them. And what’s awaiting them is not just the biennial.
Becoming an Istanbulite
SALT Beyoğlu is hosting an exhibition where all the people who make Istanbul Istanbul will put in an appearance. The title of the exhibition, which runs through September 13, is Istanbullaşmak. What is it? An interactive database of artists’ videos, photographs, documentary films, news clips, cartoons and architectural projects, all produced between 1999 and 2011. Through December 31.
Pop Art Extended
Opening on September 15, Pop Art Extended is an exhibition mounted jointly by Gallery LiNART and ALANistanbul. In addition to works by young artists, it also features three original works by Father of Pop Art Andy Warhol not previously exhibited in Istanbul. Through October 15.
Istanbul Modern is hosting two different exhibitions starting September 16. One is Dream and Truth - Modern and Contemporary Women Artists from Turkey, contents as the name indicates. The other is called Tekinsiz Karsılaşmalar (Uncanny Encounters), and it’s a photography exhibition. Both through January 8.
• Sophie Calle… Sakıp Sabancı Museum
• Osman Hamdi Bey and the Americans… Pera Museum
• Ergin Çavuşoğlu… Rampa
• mentalklinik… Galerist
• Halil Altındere… Pilot
• Susan Hefuna… Pi Artworks
• Canan Tolon… Galeri Nev.
Kutluğ Ataman’s Mesopotamia Dramaturgies series is making its debut in Turkey September 15 to November 16. Also included in the first series of eight works is Mayhem, the first work of the second part, which focuses on the Middle East.