- Love Is An Eternal Sun Yunus Emre
- Bridge Of Culture: Thrace
- Incomparable Beirut
- The Only Thing Worth Pursuing Love
- Fabled City Bremen
- What Good Is The High Bosson
- Shopping Days Are Starting
- We’re Not Going To Play, We’re Going To Referee
- Renew Yourself With A Summer Detox
- A Gourmet Treat From The Southwest Aegean: Carian Cuisine
- Lively Yet Melancholy Can Bonomo
- Destination Istanbul
- Sait Faik’s Istanbul
- A Letter To Freedom
- Cool Again: Istanbul
- The Green Giant Sings!
- Seven Sensations One Stage
- Moving To The Garden
- The Tour Goes On
- With Mom In Istanbul
- Sports And Art Festival
- One Heart One Purpose
- Emin Alper’s Ermenek
- Head In The Clouds: Ağrı
- Golf On The French Riviera
- 2012 European Capitals Of Cultures
- Intersection Of Four Countries: Maribor
- City Of Music: Leipzig
- Sails Unfurled At Istanbul!
- Port Of Entry To The Big Apple
- Saving Energy in 5 Steps
- Back To The Future : 3-D Printing
- Aaaccchhooo! Spring Is Here!
- Oral Health On Board
- Ships Of Wax In A Sea Of Fire
Write: Berrin Yiğit
Renew Yourself With A Summer Detox
Renew Yourself With A Summer Detox
DETOX DOES NOT MEANING STARVING YOURSELF. RATHER IT IS A NATURAL AND SHORT-TERM NUTRITIONAL DIET MADE UP OF SPECIAL RECIPES THAT PURIFY THE BODY AND ACCELERATE THE METABOLISM.
When you eat fresh nutritional foods you feel calm, fit and energetic. Detox diets of 3 days, one week or ten days depending on your personal situation are appropriate for all people in good health, with the exception of pregnant women and growing children.
Everyone wants to lose weight and be more energetic when summer comes. So how about purifying yourself with a renewal diet and helping your body rid itself of toxins and extra pounds?
THE SINE QUA NON’S OF DETOX DIETS
Vegetables in season are appropriate, especially those that are easy to digest and low in carbohydrates. The best choices are asparagus, cucumbers, romaine, artichokes, spinach, parsley, dill weed, purslane, okra and tomatoes.
Be sure to use plenty of spices like turmeric, coriander, basil, mint, cumin, thyme and red pepper flakes.
Wild or brown rice, quinoa, oat bran and wheat germ are good choices, too.
Among the legumes, lentils, black beans, dry white beans and chickpeas can either be cooked as dishes in themselves or used as a garnish.
All fish in season are allowed, but shellfish should not be part of a detox diet.
Organically produced eggs can also be used for long-term detox.
Two to three portions of fruit can be consumed daily, preferably lightly cooked, pureed or canned.
Musk melon, peaches, berries, plums, kiwi, apples, pears and pineapple are ideal fresh fruits, and dried fruits may also be consumed in small portions.
In-between meals are a must on a detox diet. Unlike normal nutrition, mealtimes may be increased from three to five a day.
Since sugar and artificial sweeteners have no place in the detox diet, those who crave sweetness may instead use a spoonful of natural honey.
A teaspoon of ground flax seed or black caraway (nigella sativa) and a handful of pumpkin seeds, raw almonds, unroasted hazelnuts or walnuts should consumed daily.
Drinking at least two liters of water and one liter of special herbal infusions every day is also recommended.
For plenty of oxygen, spend more time outdoors and try to stay natural in everything you do.
Adding two teaspoons each of flaxseed oil and aloe vera to your bath water will stimulate your circulation.
In short, if you bring fresh, nutritional foods into your life with a short-term detox cure you will feel calm, fit and energetic. And the runup to summer is one of the most natural times to do it. Don’t miss your chance.
THINGS NOT TO EAT FOR THE 2 WEEKS
* Milk, meat products and poultry
* High fructose corn syrup
* Soy products
* Coffee, tea and soft drinks
* Foods containing additives
* Fried and grilled foods
* Sugar and artificial sweeteners
1) Detox drink: Buzz 20 red grapes, 1 kiwi, 10 leaves of garden cress and half a bunch of free dill weed in a blender and drink immediately.
2) Intestine-friendly puree: Puree three fresh apricots with one carton probiotic yoghurt, 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed, a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of coconut.
Main meal alternatives:
1) Light cold soup: Add a grated cucumber, a cup of boiled chickpeas and plenty of finely chopped fresh dill weed and mint to some light yoghurt and eat iced.
2) Summer salad: Sprinkle 8 finely chopped strawberries, 3 tablespoons cottage cheese, 10 walnuts halves and 1 teaspoon nigella sativa over some purslane and dress with sour pomegranate syrup.
Detox tea recipe:
Add one chopped apple with the peel left on to a liter of water and boil with 2 cinnamon sticks. Turn off the fire and steep for 4 minutes with a pinch of linden, 20 cherry stems, a handful of corn tassels, 1 large avocado leaf, 1 teaspoon rosemary and 1 teaspoon green tea. If you like you can chill the tea and drink it with a slice of lemon.