- Love Is An Eternal Sun Yunus Emre
- Bridge Of Culture: Thrace
- Incomparable Beirut
- The Only Thing Worth Pursuing Love
- Fabled City Bremen
- What Good Is The High Bosson
- Shopping Days Are Starting
- We’re Not Going To Play, We’re Going To Referee
- Renew Yourself With A Summer Detox
- A Gourmet Treat From The Southwest Aegean: Carian Cuisine
- Lively Yet Melancholy Can Bonomo
- Destination Istanbul
- Sait Faik’s Istanbul
- A Letter To Freedom
- Cool Again: Istanbul
- The Green Giant Sings!
- Seven Sensations One Stage
- Moving To The Garden
- The Tour Goes On
- With Mom In Istanbul
- Sports And Art Festival
- One Heart One Purpose
- Emin Alper’s Ermenek
- Head In The Clouds: Ağrı
- Golf On The French Riviera
- 2012 European Capitals Of Cultures
- Intersection Of Four Countries: Maribor
- City Of Music: Leipzig
- Sails Unfurled At Istanbul!
- Port Of Entry To The Big Apple
- Saving Energy in 5 Steps
- Back To The Future : 3-D Printing
- Aaaccchhooo! Spring Is Here!
- Oral Health On Board
- Ships Of Wax In A Sea Of Fire
With Mom In Istanbul
With Mom In Istanbul
IN THE STRUGGLE TO COPE WITH OUR OWN PROBLEMS, WE OFTEN FORGET THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT US INTO THIS WORLD IN THE FIRST PLACE. OUR MOTHERS! HERE ARE THREE SUGGESTIONS FOR A GRAND MOTHER’S DAY IN ISTANBUL.
1. BREAKFAST AT ANADOLUHİSARI
Situated on the Anatolian side of Istanbul where the Göksu River empties into the Bosphorus, Anadoluhisarı is quieter and more peaceful for a Sunday breakfast than some of the city’s other waterfront neighborhoods.
2. SHAKESPEARE AT THE THEATER FESTIVAL
If your mother is a theater buff, then a couple tickets for director Thomas Ostermeier’s radical adaptation of Hamlet will be just the thing. The play starts at 3:30 p.m. sharp at the Muhsin Ertuğrul Theater in Harbiye on May 13.
3. FOR ART LOVER MOMS
If you haven’t yet seen the exhibition “New Works, New Horizons” and the photography show “After Yesterday” at Istanbul Modern, take them in with your mom on her day. And be sure to prolong your pleasure with a glass of tea at Tophane, Karaköy or Eminönü on the Golden Horn.