Baggage policy from/to United States
Below information is valid for all flights to/from US operated by TK and TK marketing flights. Other Code-share fligts are not included.
- Cabin baggage which is up to 8 kg/per piece is carried without any charge.
- Passengers can bring 2 pieces in bussiness class and 1 pieces for comfort and economy classes.
- Maximum dimensions for each piece are 23X40X55 cm in all classes.
- Free baggage allowance is 2 pieces and maximum dimension of each piece is 158 cm in Business/Comfort and Economy classes.
- Upper limit of 1 piece for business baggage is 32 Kg and upper limit of 1 piece for comfort and economy baggage is 23 Kg.
- For infants (age between 0-2), free baggage allowance is 1 piece + 1 piece of fully collapsible stroller and for each piece maximum dimension is 115 cm and maximum weight is 23 kg.
Miles & Smiles Members:
- Additional piece of baggage which is not bigger than the length of 110 cm, can be carried on free of charge by Elite Card and Elit Plus Card members.
- As an Elite member, you may benefit from the above advantages when you travel on other Star Alliance carriers with your Elite card which is equal to the Star Alliance Gold levels.
- As an Elite member, you may benefit from the above advantages when you travel on other Star Alliance carriers with your Elite card which is equal to the Star Alliance Gold level.
- Excess baggage charge differs according to the destination.
- Below information is valid for all flights to/from US operated by TK. Code-share fligts are not included.
Related charges are: US: NYC / CHI / WAS / LAX / HOU / BOS / SFO Piece Zone 1 LOS / ACC / DKR / ABJ / NKC / DLA / NSI / OUA / NIM / FIH / LBV / KAN / NDJ / COO / BKO / CKY (TK online fights) / ABV/ LAD Piece Zone 2 Nigeria / Ghana / Senegal / Cote D’Ivoire / Mauritania / Cameroon / Burkina Faso / Niger / Gabon / Chad / Democratic Republic of Kongo / People’s Republic of Benin (flights starting from TK8000) / Angola
If stop-over is not made below fares are taken for each extra pieces: Between Turkey and US 150 USD Between Zone1 and US 155 USD Between Zone2 and US 160 USD Between Zone3 and US 165 USD Between Zone4 and US 185 USD Between Zone5 and US 210 USD Between Piece Zone1 and US 250 USD Between Piece Zone 2 and US 300 USD Between US and Piece Zone 2 300 USD
For Code Share flights if TK is MSC (Most Significant Carrier) than below excess baggage charges is valid.
Related charges are: Us NYC / CHI / WAS / LAX / HOU / BOS / SFO Piece Zone 1 LOS / ACC / DKR / ABJ / NKC / DLA / NSI / OUA / NIM / FIH / LBV / KAN / NDJ / COO / BKO / CKY (TK online fights) / ABV / LAD Piece Zone 2 US Other USA Points, Canada / S.America Piece Zone 2 Nigeria / Ghana / Nigeria / Senegal /Cote D’Ivoire / Mauritania / Cameroon / Burkina Faso / Niger / Gabon / Chad / Democratic Republic of Kongo/ People’s Republic of Benin (flights starting from TK8000) / Angola
If stop-over is made below fares are taken for each extra pieces: Between Turkey and Piece Zone 2 US 195 USD Between Zone1 and Piece Zone 2 US 205 USD Between Zone2 and Piece Zone 2 US 205 USD Between Zone3 and Piece Zone 2 US 215 USD Between Zone4 and Piece Zone 2 US 215 USD Between Zone5 and Piece Zone 2 US 225 USD Between Piece Zone1 and Piece Zone 2 US 300 USD Between Piece Zone 2 and Piece Zone 2 US 350 USD
If there is a stopover in Turkey then the below fees are added to the excess baggage fares mentioned above for TK online and Code Share flights. Based on that for sectors up to Turkey additional unit baggage fee is charged and if there is another check-in at the stopover point in Turkey then to beyond Turkey/from beyond Turkey USD based excess baggage sector fees (Additional Fee) as stated below are collected additionaly.
If the journey is continued at stopover points in domestic lines within Turkey then excess baggage calculations based on the piece concept will be continued. In that case, for every stopover at each domestic terminal 10 Usd will be charged for each excess baggage. Even if the stopover exceeds 24 hours in Istanbul due to system connection additional fees are collected as stated below.
Additional fees are: Between Turkey and Turkey 10 USD Between Zone1 and Turkey 40 USD Between Zone2 and Turkey 45 USD Between Zone3 and Turkey 50 USD Between Zone4 and Turkey 55 USD Between Zone5 and Turkey 65 USD Between US and Turkey 130 USD Between Piece Zone1 and Turkey 130 USD Between Piece Zone2 and Turkey 180 USD Between Piece Zone2 US and Turkey 180 USD
For baggage carriages with Piece Concept, passengers traveling at economy class to points where the free baggage limit is 23kg, will be charged 80 Usd for each piece between 23 – 32 kg.
Zone 1:BUS, CND, DOK, SKG, VAR, ALP, ATH, BUH, KIV, KVD, NAJ, PRN, SJJ, SKP, SOF, TIA, ODS Zone 2:AER, ALA, ALY, AMM, AQJ, ASB, ASF, BEG, BEY, BLQ, BUD, CAI, CTA, DAM, DNK, DYU, FRU, HRG, HRK, IEV, KBL, LJU, LWO, MLA, MSQ, MZR, NAP, OSS, ROV, SSH, STW, SZG, TAS, TBS, TBZ, TGD, TLV, TSE, VCE, VIE, WAW, ZAG, PSA, KHE, ODS, BRI Zone 3:AMS, BEN, BGW, BRE, BRU, BSR, EBL, FDH, FMO, GOA, ISU, LEJ, MRA, MUC, NAJ, NJF, ORN, OSM, PRG, SEB, TRN, ULN, ALG, BAK, BER, BLJ, BSL, CGN, CZL, DUS, GVA, HAJ, HAM, LUX, LYS, MIL, MOW, MRS, NCE, NUE, RIX, RTM, STR, TIP, TLL, TLM, TUN, VNO, ZRH Zone 4:AAL, ADE, AGP, AUH, BAH, BCN, BHX, BIO, BLL, DMM, DOH, DUB, DXB, EDI, ELQ, GOT, HEL, IFN, JED, KRT, KSH, KWI, KZN, MAD, MAN, MED, MHD, OSL, OVB, PAR, RUH, SAH, SCQ, STO, SVX, SYZ, TIF, TLS, UFA, VLC, YNB, BOD, CPH, LED, THR Zone 5:ADD, BJS, BKK, BOM, CAN, CAS, CMB, CPT, DAC, DAR, DEL, EBB, HKG, ISB, JIB, JKT, JNB, JRO, KGL, KHI, KTM, KUL, LHE, LIS, MBA, MCT, MGQ, MLE, NBO, OSA, ASM, SEL, SGN, SHA, SIN, TYO, TPE, MNL, OPO