Turkish Airlines Copyright © 1996 - 2014
Hazardous Substances Prohibited from Carriage on Aircraft
For security reasons the following substances are prohibited to carry as checked baggage or hand baggage .
- Alarmed briefcases and security type attaché cases, items containing lithium batteries and/or pyrotechnic material,
- Explosives, ammunition, fireworks and flares,
- Flammable, non-flammable, deep-frozen or poisonous gases including camping gas and aerosols,
- Flammable substances such as paints, lighter, lighter fluid and thinner,
- Matches, flammable solids easily or spontaneously combustible or that are liable to combust when in contact with water,
- Oxidizing substances (such as bleaching agents and peroxide),
- Poisonous (toxic) and contagious substances,
- Radioactive substances,
- Corrosives (such as thermometers containing mercury, acid and fluid batteries),
- Equipment liable to cause injury, disabling chemical spray substances, substances causing irritation or incapacitation such as pepper spray,
- Magnetic substances,
- Medical oxygen tubes.
Warning for USA Travellers:
- By a ruling of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), passengers traveling on USA-bound flights are strictly prohibited from carrying torch lighters in their cabin baggage or on their person.