Transition to the Jet Era and Overseas Expansion
- 3 McDonnell Douglas DC-9 airplanes were added to the fleet of which 1 had been chartered.
- The first international jet flight has been realized on the Ankara-Istanbul-Brussels line on the 1st of September.
- The Zurich, Budapest and Geneva route have been put into service.
- The demand for fuel which was supplied by a foreign company has begun to be supplied by Petrol Ofisi through a new agreement.
- In 1968, the airline's capital stock of 90 million TL has been increased to 200 million TL.
- The Cologne route has been put into service.
- 2 DC-9 airplanes joined the fleet.
- 4 more DC-9 airplanes joined the fleet.
- The Düsseldorf and Stuttgart route have been put into service.
- The fleet was comprised of a total of 22 aircraft namely; 3 Viscount, 7 F-27, 8 DC-9-30, 1 DC-9-10 and 3 B-707 jet airplanes and had a total seating capacity of 1,961 seats.
- The Hannover and Hamburg route have been put into service.
- 2 DC-10 airplanes have joined the fleet and the total seating capacity has increased to 2,669.
- Capital stock has been increased by 100% from 200 million to 400 million Liras.
- The journey that has begun 40 years ago with 24 personnel has become a giant family of 4,437 members.
- 5 F-28 aircraft have joined the fleet and the number of airplanes in the fleet has reached 26.
- The Copenhagen, Berlin and Nurnberg route have been put into service.
- The number of passengers carried has increased from 528 thousand in 1967 to 2.5 million in 1973.
- On December 4th, the Cyprus Turkish Airlines has been established with the 50% partnership of Turkish Airlines.
- Customers' requests and complaints have been gathered through surveys conducted in domestic flights.
- THY which had been opened for foreign capital investments 20 years ago has again been nationalized with the decision of the Ministry of Finance dated 17.2.1977 and numbered 53315/6967 and the share of the BOAC company was bought by the Ministry of Finance.
- The Baghdad, Tehran, Dhahran and Tripoli route have been put into service.
- The fleet comprised of 22 airplanes with a seating capacity of 3,306 seats and the number of passengers carried has reached approximately 3 million.