- First Turkish Sailors in Antarctica
- Ask Him About The Visual Effects!
- Eating Modestly: Working Man’s Restaurants
- Izmir The Beautiful
- Rose Comes Away First Champion
- A Turkish Representative Of Italian Cinema
- Jakarta: Always Hot
- Witness To History: Jordan
- Sharm el SheIkh: Pearl of the Red Sea Riviera
- Creating A Generation Of Readers
- Art Showcase
- Three Photography-Filled Days
- Gardens Of An Artist
- No Empty Stages Here
- Another ‘World’s Best’
- World’s Only Intercontinental Marathon
- Remembering Atatürk
- A Photographer’s Life
- An Encyclopedia Of Literature
- Heart Of The World: Bursa
- Ali Aydın’S Adana
- Dreams Come True
- Festivity In Turkish Gardens
- Cultural Adventure In Odessa
- The Middle East’s Up-And-Coming Airport
- A Painter Who Breaks The Mold
- Garden Of The Hejaz: Taif
Tourism Initiative In Egypt
Aiming to become one of the world’s leading tourism regions as a priority goal in the coming period, the Egyptian government recently held a strategic meeting with Turkish Airlines. Coming together in Istanbul with Egypt’s Tourism Minister Hesham Zazou, Turkish Airlines’ CEO Temel Kotil, Ph.D., spoke of their cooperation and Turkish Airlines’ contributions. At the talks, which were also attended by Turkey’s Ambassador to Egypt Hüseyin Avni Botsalı, Egypt’s Ambassador to Turkey Abdurrahman Selahaddin and Egyptian Tourism Consul Ahmad Ali Ismail, those present were briefed about Egypt’s new tourism plans and changes in its tourism policies vis à vis Turkey. Zazou and Kotil both took part in the initial flight to Sharm El-Sheikh on October 8.
In the wake of the meeting, flights to Khurgada, Turkish Airlines’ 205th flight destination, were inaugurated on October 17. Taking part in the opening were Turkish Airlines’ Board Chairman and Executive Committee Chairman Hamdi Topçu, Egypt’s Deputy Tourism Minister Magdi Selim, and Turkey’s Ambassador to Cairo Hüseyin Avni Botsalı. In the talk he gave, Topçu announced that they had taken a joint decision with the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism according to which Egypt and Turkey would engage in joint projects and support the promotion of Egypt in 90 countries.
Right to Left: Governor of South Sinai Khaled Fouda, Deputy Undersecretary of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism Faruk Şahin, Deputy Minister of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications Yahya Baş, Egyptian Tourism Minister Hesham Zazou, Turkish Airlines’ CEO Temel Kotil, Ph.D., Turkish Ambassador to Cairo Hüseyin Avni Botsalı, Ataturk Airport Local Authority Ali Bakoğlu, Turkish Airlines’ Senior Vice-President of Marketing and Sales, 1st Region, Akif Konar and the Head of Egyptian State Airports Gad Karim.