- Turkish Airlines and UTair Begin Codeshare Service(09.12.2013)
- Turkish Airlines’ new brand idendity: ‘Widen Your World’(05.12.2013)
- Turkish Airlines Wins CAPA ‘Airline of the Year’ Award(03.12.2013)
- Oman Air and Turkish Airlines sign codeshare agreement(03.12.2013)
- ‘Invest on Board’ brings investors and start-ups together in sky!(20.11.2013)
- Turkish Airlines Launches a New Route to Montreal(18.11.2013)
- Vote for Turkish Airlines in the Passenger Choice Awards 2014(14.11.2013)
A Breakthrough Facilty by Turkish Airlines: SMS Check-in
We as the Turkish Airlines started a brand new service, SMS Check-in, that will enable our passengers to act freely in their check-in and boarding processes.
As “The Best Airline of Europe” Turkish Airlines continues to provide its passengers breakthrough innovations to facilitate their lives. By introducing SMS Check-in, we made it easier for our passengers to finish their check-in process.
Our domestic flight passengers can use SMS check-in 24 hours prior to scheduled departure by typing their reservation code (PNR), their name and surname and send it to 8490. They need to leave a space between each entry. Our international flight passengers can also use this service by sending the same entries to the number +90 555 849 0 849. For seat selections, our passengers need to leave a space after typing their surname and write P for window preference, K for aisle. The results are sent to our passengers’ mobile phones who use this service.
How to SMS Check-in?
Firstly, type your reservation code (PNR), then your name and surname by leaving a space between each entry and send it to 8490.
After the SMS Check-in process finishes, the passenger receives the confirmation by a text message.
SMS Check-in passengers can get their boarding pass from online check-in counters without waiting in lines at the airport.
Turkish Airlines is named the Best Airline in Europe at the 2011 and 2012 World Airline Awards, by Skytrax