- Press Releases
- Turkish Airlines recorded 1.133 million TL net profit in 2012(15.03.2013)
- Turkish Airlines announces its big deal…(15.03.2013)
- Turkish Airlines has been named "Best Airline, Europe"...Again(12.07.2012)
- Turkish Airlines adds two more cities in Germany to its network: Bremen and Leipzig…(08.03.2012)
- Turkish Airlines launches its services to Mogadishu (Somalia)...(06.03.2012)
Turkish Airlines grew 20% last year
Turkish Airlines, the rising star of the world’s aviation, increased its number of passengers by 20% from 14 mio to 17 mio in 2006 thanks to its new airplanes and its 23 new destinations.
The traffic data of Turkish Airlines for 2006 were disclosed in a statement sent to the Istanbul Stock Exchange (ISE) on 16 February 2007.
Turkish Airlines, the rising star of the world’s aviation, increased its number of passengers by 19.4% from 14 mio to 17 mio in the period of January-December 2006 compared to the period of January-December 2005.
Being the world’s 17th largest airlines company with its fleet of 102 airplanes, Turkish Airlines is also increasing its global market share. With its newly added 23 routes in 2006, Turkish Airlines augmented the number of its destinations to 131.
Turkish Airlines’ number of landings, which stood at 125.992 in 2005, increased by 21.1% upto 152.536. The seat km figure of Turkish Airlines was increased by 23,9% from 29,8 billion in 2005 to 36,9 billion in 2006, while the company’s revenue passenger km, which stood at 21,3 billion in 2005, increased by 19% to 25,3 billion in 2006.
Achieving considerable progress in its cargo transport operations as well, Turkish Airlines, which transported 144.974 tons of cargo-mail in 2005, increased the amount of cargo-mail it transported by 10.3% to 159.873 tons in 2006.