- Summer Comes With Classical Music!
- Heed The Call Of Music
- 100 Depictions Of The Prophet Mohammad In Istanbul
- Keeping The Miracîye Tradition Alive
- Shades Of Anatolia In London
- Confrontation In Venice
- Adhocracy In New York
- Biennale Time On The Canals
- Erol Akyavaş’s Projection Of Life
- Sarkis’s Latest
- Off We Go To The Children’s Festival!
- Passing The Ball To Life
- Surprise Result At Belek
- Time Of White
- In Living Color!
- Shopping Latino
- Ushering In The Festival Season
- A Chosen Artist
- History And Opera
- Yunus Emre Turkey Tour
- Hello, Summer!
- The Rouargue Brothers’ Istanbul
- Keeping History Alive: Safranbolu
- On The Ocean Shore
- Scandinavia In Five Questions
- Wilco Van Herpen’s Kaş
- Documenting The History Of Education
- Smitten By The Bridge
Ushering In The Festival Season
A prominent event on the international film scene, Edinburgh International Film Festival stands front and center on the city’s festival calendar.
Edinburgh International Film Festival has had its finger on the pulse of the contemporary film industry since 1947. Gradually expanding its sphere of influence, the festival takes a look at the history of cinema in its retrospective sections as well as presenting current films. It is reaching out this year to continental Europe to include Jean Grémillion, a leading director of French cinema. The festival, which gives audiences an opportunity to see some of the most impressive contemporary productions, is awaiting cinema buffs June 19 to 30.
SUMMER IN EDINBURGH
Edinburgh hosts a number of different festivals in summer. Here are a few of them:
July 19 to 28: Jazz and Blues Festival
August 10 to 26: International Book Festival
August 1 to September 1: Art Festival
August 9 to September 1: International Edinburgh Festival (classical music, opera, dance and theater)