- Summer Comes With Classical Music!
- Heed The Call Of Music
- 100 Depictions Of The Prophet Mohammad In Istanbul
- Keeping The Miracîye Tradition Alive
- Shades Of Anatolia In London
- Confrontation In Venice
- Adhocracy In New York
- Biennale Time On The Canals
- Erol Akyavaş’s Projection Of Life
- Sarkis’s Latest
- Off We Go To The Children’s Festival!
- Passing The Ball To Life
- Surprise Result At Belek
- Time Of White
- In Living Color!
- Shopping Latino
- Ushering In The Festival Season
- A Chosen Artist
- History And Opera
- Yunus Emre Turkey Tour
- Hello, Summer!
- The Rouargue Brothers’ Istanbul
- Keeping History Alive: Safranbolu
- On The Ocean Shore
- Scandinavia In Five Questions
- Wilco Van Herpen’s Kaş
- Documenting The History Of Education
- Smitten By The Bridge
History And Opera
One of Turkey’s most important historic amphitheaters, Aspendos is again in a ferment of opera festival excitement.
The Aspendos International Opera and Ballet Festival is bringing art lovers together for the 20th time. This year’s festival program offers audiences the most prominent works of opera and ballet in some of the best contemporary interpretations. The festival’s special guest is José Cura, whom we had a chance to see and hear as a tenor at last year’s Istanbul Opera Festival. This time Cura will be wielding a baton as conductor of the orchestra at the 20th Anniversary Gala Evening.
Immediately following the Aspendos Opera and Ballet Festival, June 2 to 22, the 4th International Istanbul Opera Festival is awaiting music lovers from June 25 to July 8.
FROM RUGBY TO OPERA
The world-famous Argentine tenor José Cura, who will be conducting the opening concert at Antalya, was once a professional rugby player.