- Istanbul Awaits The 2020 Olympics
- In The Weka Of a Great Artist
- The Bosphorus Through The Eyes Of European Travelers
- About Sertab Erener
- An Eastern Fairy Tale: Shiraz
- In 10 Steps “New” Houston
- Gokturk-2 Turkey’s Signature In Space
- Colors Of The World
- Neighbors And Friends
- Rising Star Of The Arabian Peninsula: Muskat
- Hero Of Every Kitchen: Squash
- Winter In Turkey Campaign
- Saudi Arabia Cultural Days
- Looking For The Abstract In Istanbul
- Don’t Wait Three Years
- Perceptions Of A City
- Contemporary Art In The Middle East
- Art Week
- Photo Stops
- Holidays And Architecture
- Peace, Love And Unity
- Local Media On The European Union Path
- March Reserved For Women At Pera
- Scent Of The Orange Blossom
- Shopping’s Fun Side
- A Victory Legend
- Sinan’s Masterpiece
- The Father Of Antiquarians In Turkey
- Master Of Medicine: Ibn Sina
- Western Music’s Most Turkish Instrument
- Visiting The Eternal City
- Rising Star In The Arts: Kinshasa
- Boutique Of The Balkans
- Cool Life
- Yılmaz Karakoyunlu’s Thessaloniki
- Panorama Turkey
Our Last Ten Years in Graphs
We wish you a pleasant flight! You are on a plane belonging to Turkish Airlines, the airline with the 4th largest flight network in the world at the moment. You are a guest of the airline that was named ‘Europe’s Best Airline’ twice in succession in 2011 and 2012. We would like to thank you for that and tell you about our own journey.
One of the main indicators of success for an airline is the way the passenger number graph is developing. Turkish Airlines’ graph has been rising continuously over the last 10 years as its passenger numbers steadily increased: At 10.4 million in 2003, our passenger numbers rose to 38.5 million in 2012.
Number of Destinations
Ten years ago we flew to 76 cities abroad and 28 in Turkey. In 2012 we had flights to 37 points in Turkey in 182 in the rest of the world. Our target in 2013 is 210 international and 37 domestic destinations, making a total of 247. We also plan to add new flight destinations in 2013 as we continue our efforts to transport you to even more places around the world
We have connected cities around the world. The best way, for example, of getting from Lisbon to Beijing is to fly Turkish Airlines! The percentage of our passengers making connecting flights in Istanbul has climbed to 43%. By 2020 the axis of the aviation sector is going to shift to the East as Istanbul becomes a true hub.
The best way of increasing passenger and destination numbers lies in investments like expanding the fleet.
Even in periods when the world was mired in economic crisis, Turkish Airlines never compromised its growth but continued purchasing new aircraft. We have 222 airplanes today, 38 of them wide-bodied, and the number is rising.
The result? Our performance as reflected in the graphs--in higher passenger numbers and more destinations--and more awards! That success belongs to all of us. Our target in 2013 is 46 million passengers. And the crucial factor that spurs us on is the favor and guidance of our passengers. I am eternally grateful for your contributions and your confidence in us.
*Data for February 2013.