- Membership Benefits
The reward for your loyalty
Elite Card offers prizes for our distinguished passengers. Elite Members, upon presenting their cards to staff, have the privilege of accelerated check-in and private lounges, allowing their journeys to get off to a pleasant start…
To make full use of the privileges your card provides you, please quote your card number at reservation and present your Elite Card at check-in.
Your Elite level membership will automatically be effective when the Status Miles you collect reach a predetermined Status Miles level.
Classic Plus card holders need to reach 40.000 Status Miles within 12 consecutive months in order to qualify for Elite Membership and Elite Card order is given automatically to the address that is registered in our systems. Elite Card is valid for 2 years.
In order to re-qualify for Elite membership , Members residing in Turkey need to collect 30.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 45.000 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership.
Members residing out of Turkey need to collect 25.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 37.500 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership. Otherwise, the membership status will be renewed as "Classic Plus".
What are the advantages of Elite membership?
Elite Card does and will continue to offer you numerous privileges such as:
- Besides your Turkish Airlines and other Star Alliance member airlines’ flights, you will earn miles from our Program Partner Hotels and Car Rental Companies.
- If exists, you can also earn miles through your Miles&Miles credit card expenditures. All your earned miles will be collected under your Miles&Smiles account.
- Our members can now purchase 1.000 bonus miles over the internet for 25 Euros, including VAT. In fact, you can purchase up to 10.000 miles in one year.
Please log in buy bonus Miles.
Bonus Miles Purchase Rules
- Purchased bonus miles and fee for purchased bonus miles are non-refundable.
- Miles cost 25 Euro(include tax) per 1.000 miles within the Bonus Miles purchasing prosedure.
- Members can purchase up to maximum 10.000 bonus miles for their own accounts or for each other members accounts within each calender year.
- Miles are available in increments of 1.000 miles.
- Purchased bonus Miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the Miles&Smiles Program.
- In order to take the advantage of using purchased bonus miles on our web page , at least one Turkish Airlines or Star Alliance member Airlines flight should be registered in to the members account.
- Purchased bonus miles through web site post immediately to the member’s account.
- Sms and e-mail message send to our member after posted bonus miles to the member account.
- Once you have collected enough miles you can redeem them for award tickets, companion or upgrades either for yourself or for your beloved ones.
You can make online check-in
Advantageous car rental As an Elite member, you may take the advantage of the discounted fares at our partner car rental companies.
Self-Service Kiosks Your Membership Card can be used when you check in at the Self-Service Kiosks found in a number of airports within Turkey, helping to speed up the check-in process and get you through the airport quicker.
Your meal selection which is registered on your profile will be allocated to you every time you fly provided that your membership number is indicated during reservation.
Priority on reservation waitlist: To enjoy this priority simply ask our staff to enter your membership number and the type of card you own in the passenger record. (PNR).
Check-in at Business Class counters: Check-in counters reserved exclusively for you: Elite members can complete their check-in formalities at the Business Class counters upon presenting their cards to the check-in agents for both domestic and international flights, even they fly on Economy Class
Access to CIP lounges both on domestic and international flights: As an Elite card holder, you can use the CIP lounges at the airports both on domestic and international flights of Turkish Airlines with one of your guests, no matter which class of service you travel in. Your guest must depart on a Star Alliance member airline, but may travel on a different flight.
Elite card holders may benefit from the CIP lounges with their family members (spouse and children) or one of their guests while traveling on THY domestic flights and international flights departing from Turkey.
Also Elite card holders will from now on able to accommodate their fellow travelers with the same amenities against 50 TL(tax included) or in exchange for 4.000 miles
- Plus the right above Elite and Elite Plus members guests who flies together with the members, will be able to benefit form CIP Lounges against 50 TL(tax included) or in xchange for 4.000 miles
- Valid only on domestic flights and in CIP lounges in Turkey.
- Not valid for AnadoluJet flights.
- Valid on both award and paid tickets.
- There is no restriction for number of passengers who will benefit from this application.
- Companion can have a different surname.
- Refund or change is not allowed.
Additional baggage allowance: Enjoy the privilege of extra baggage allowance of up to 20 kg above or one (1) additional piece of baggage over your baggage rights at no additional charge, both on domestic and international flights. In addition to this, at destination airports, you will have your baggage delivered to you at the earliest possible time allowed by the local facilities, provided that you have Miles&Smiles baggage tags, sent to you with your Elite Card, attached to your luggage.
Dedicated phone line, You may have all of your questions answered by dialing the dedicated info lines reserved for our Elite members.Elite Card Info Line service providers will be pleased to assist you at (+90) 212 4652302.
For all of your reservations, calling +(90 212) 444 0 THY / 444 0 849 and then dialing 3 is sufficient.
Last Minute Upgrade. You can have your flight class upgraded to Business Class at time of check-in by redeeming miles from your Miles&Smiles account as an Elite member upon presenting your paid Economy Class ticket and your Elite Card at the check-in. In order to receive this service, there must be an available seat in Business Class for the requested flight, and sufficient miles in your membership account . Last minute upgrade service during check-in can be applied for Elite Member and one other passenger who travels together with Elite Card holder on the same flight route by redeeming miles from Elite member’s account.
Earn double miles on Turkish Airlines Business Class flights : Elite Card members earn double Status Miles of the actual miles flown on Business Class
Elite Card holders can purchase up to 10.000 Status Miles enabling them to maintain their membership status. This transaction can be done at any Turkish Airlines Sales Offices every week between 08.30-17.30 against EUR 30 for every 1.000 Status Miles. The amount paid for the Status Miles cannot be refunded.
Through our website you can now purchase 1.000 miles for 30 Euros including VAT without having to go in to a sales office. In fact you can purchase up to 10.000 miles..
Please Log in To Buy Status Miles
Terms & Conditions
- Elite and Elite Plus card holders can purchase up to 10.000 status miles to maintain their card status within the second year of the membership.
- Elite and Elite Plus card holders must purchase status miles before the end of the validity period of their card status (within the second year of the membership) in order to benefit from this advantage.
- Status miles cannot be purchased retroactivly once the card status has changed.
- Purchased status miles do not count as total miles.
- Purchased status miles and fee for purchased status miles are non-refundable.
- Miles cost 30 Euro(include tax) per 1.000 miles within the satus miles purchasing prosedure.
- Miles are available in increments of 1.000.
- Status miles can be purchased up to 10.000 miles for maintaining Elite or Elite Plus membership level.
- If more than 10.000 miles are required to maintain member status, process can not be done. Also, process cannot be evaulated even if ticket was issued. Flight must be completed and registered to the member’s account for the mileage calculation
- Purchased Status Miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the Miles&Smiles Program.
- Purchased status miles through web site post immediately to the member’s account.
- In order to take the advantage of using purchased status miles on our web page , at least one Turkish Airlines or Star Alliance member Airlines flight should be registered in to the members account.
- SMS and e-mail messages send to our member after posted status miles to the member account.
Please remember: You need to complete mileage purchasing transaction BEFORE your membership status is changed to Classic Plus and the miles you purchase are only to maintain your membership status which means they will not be added to your total mileage.
50% discount on Business Class paid ticket for the companion
When an Elite or Elite Plus card holder buys Business Class paid ticket on both domestic and international flights, 50% discount will be applied for one companion provided that they are traveling together on outbound and return segments.
Conditions of the regulation:
- Valid only for full fare Business Class tickets ( promotional/limited business, any discounted business class tickets can not be applied)
- Valid for round trip and open jaw travels for international flights and valid for one way, round trip and open jaw travels for domestic flights.
- The member and the companion must travel together on the outgoing and return flights.
- Not valid for the upgraded tickets. Valid for Business Class tickets issued on the highest fare.
- Only 1 stopover is permitted either on outbound or return for international flights. Stopover is not permitted in domestic flights.
- Member pays 100%, and the companion pays 50% of the Business Class fare published by IATA or the special fare applied.
- Reservation class : The reservation class of the paid ticket
- Reservation should be made in the same PNR for one way award tickets..
- Agents can make the booking and issue the award tickets..
- 50% discount on Business Class highest paid ticket for the companion is valid only for Turkish Airlines operated flights.
- Award companion ticket cannot be applied for business class tickets which are issued with 50% discount
Please click on to see card advantages chart
As an Elite member, you may benefit from the below advantages when you travel on other Star Alliance carriers with your Elite card which is equal to the Star Alliance Gold level.
- Priority Reservations Waitlisting - when there aren't any seats left on your preferred flight, gives you priority should a seat become available. (Not permitted for Star Alliance Award tickets.)
- Priority Airport Standby - gives you top priority when standing-by a flight at the airport with a revenue ticket
- Priority Airport Check-in - allows you to check-in at the Business and/or First Class counter.
- Priority Baggage Handling - like you, your bags get priority treatment and are among the first to be unloaded.
- Extra Baggage Allowance - an additional 20kg or one additional piece of luggage (on transatlantic flights) which means you can check in three bags instead of two.
- Priority Boarding - enjoy the freedom of boarding at your convenience along with First and Business Class passengers.
- Worldwide Airport Lounge Access - Star Alliance Gold card holders and one guest, have access to any lounge around the world that is identified with a Star Alliance Gold lounge sign when departing on a Star Alliance flight, no matter which class of service they travel in. Just look for the Star Alliance Gold sign outside the lounge and present the ticket for your same-day Star Alliance flight, your boarding pass and your frequent flyer programme card featuring the Star Alliance Gold logo. Guests must enter the lounges with an eligible Star Alliance Gold member and must depart on a Star Alliance member airline, but may travel on a different flight.
Elite and Elite Plus card holders are at liberty to make use of the contracted CIP lounges while traveling on other Star Alliance carriers with one of their guests who is traveling with the member on the same flight.
Family membership consists of your spouse and single children under the age of 25. As an Elite card holder, you can pool their miles with those of yours in your own Elite account under “family miles”. Please keep in mind that your family members’ miles collected on Turkish Airlies’ flights and also Star Alliance member Airline flights and all miles collected from our partners will be credited to your Elite account. Each family member will have his/her own account. Any activities family members participate in will be credited as bonus miles in Elite member account and family members flight activities will be credited to their own accounts as status miles for upgrading to a higher membership level.
In case you request a family membership as an Elite Card holder, simply send your signed request together with the ID copies of your family members (inc. your marriage certificate) to the below address. Simply fax us to +902124652363 or e-mail us email@example.com or send your signed request .If your family members already have their Miles&Smiles accounts, please note their membership numbers and include the photocopies of Miles&Smiles membership cards. If they are not, their Miles&Smiles application forms must be included. Family membership will be valid after the request of member is proceed.
Elite members may transfer their family members miles which are not used before to their accounts as Bonus Miles.