Denied Boarding Compensation
Airline flights may be overbooked from time to time. Therefore, a seat may be unavailable on a flight for which you have a confirmed reservation and ticket. In such cases please contact check-in counters and ask for detailed information about the Denied Boarding Compensation and Assistance System.
- You may book your flights from/to Hopa via our web site if your departure/arrival city is in Turkey. For your journeys starting from outside Turkey or starting from Hopa and arriving at destinations out of Turkey, you may select Batum or contact our Sales Offices.
- The transactions of the passengers who will travel to Hopa will be done from the check-in desks which are reserved for Hopa passengers in the international terminal in Istanbul.
- Turkish citizen passengers who will travel to Hopa from any airport in Turkey can travel with their Turkish ID card. During check-in transactions, the passengers are required to state that they will continue to Hopa. These passengers will not pay any Airport Departure Fee. Passengers who will start their travel from destinations out of Istanbul will go through the Transit Saloon for Batum flights without taking their luggage in Istanbul.
- Passengers traveling to Batum from any airport in Turkey (those who will not continue to Hopa) will travel with their passports and will pay the Airport Departure Fee.
- Passengers who will travel from Hopa Airport to one of the airports in Turkey will travel with their Turkish ID card and be subject to the domestic airport tax, however they will not pay the Airport Departure Fee.
- Passengers who will start their journey after the check-in transactions at Hopa Airport will be present at the Hopa Terminal at least 3 hours before the departure time of the Batum-Istanbul flight.
- Passengers who will start their journey after the check-in transactions in Batum are considered and will travel with their passports.
- For the passengers under age 18 (travelling with the identity card)
If travelling alone, both legal guardians’ , if travelling with one, the other legal guardian’s notarized “Deed of Consent” stating a permisson to travel, should be presented.
Non-adult passengers traveling to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus;
As per the “Agreement on Allowing Citizens of Republic of Turkey and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus to Travel Across Turkey and Republic of Northern Cyprus Without Passports Using Their Identity Cards” signed between Republic of Turkey and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, the non-adults and interdicted persons traveling with their identity cards must present their consent letters certified by a notary and official authorities that indicate the consent of their legal proxies to finalize their departure procedures.
- Nonuse or refund of promotional tickets may cause loss of rights.
- For payments made via internet, refunds of refundable tickets are only made to the credit card used for the purchasing of ticket.
Duplicated Reservation/Booking:All reservations made either via THY web site or other sales channels are controlled by THY systems automatically. According to the reservation rules, only one of your reservations that are found to have been duplicated will remain valid and the rest of the reservations will be cancelled without giving any notice. Please make sure that you have not made duplicated reservations.
- Discounted international ticket: On our website, you can only purchase child and infant discount tickets for international flights.
- Discounted domestic ticket: Passengers who have bought tickets using the student (Aged between 13-24) and/or senior (have completed the age of 65) discount must present a valid identity card (Passport, driving license or marriage certificate) to confirm their age during the check-in, otherwise they will not be accepted to the flight. This option is valid only for domestic flights.
- Student: To be eligible for a student discount, passengers must be older than 13 and younger than 25 and enrolled in a school that offers uninterrupted annual education. For international flights, student discount is applied depending on the destination and the age limit may be subject to change.
- For Lefkosa/Ercan flights, student discount applies for passengers between the age of 13 and 28.
- For 65-year-old and older passengers: All passengers who have passed the age of 65.
3 different types of wheel chair service is provided to those passengers who need wheel chair for reasons other than serious medical problems until the last 24 hours prior to their first domestic/international flight.
- For Apron: Wheel chair is provided to the passengers who are able to use the stairs but unable to walk long distances to the plane. The passenger requests the wheel chair to move from the passenger lounge to the plane or from the plane to the passenger lounge. The passenger does not encounter problems when climbing up and down the stairs and can walk to his/her seat by himself/herself without any assistance.
- For Stairs: Wheelchair is provided up to the plane door for passengers who are able to walk but need assistance with the stairs .The passenger requests the wheelchair to move from the passenger lounge to the plane or from the plane to the passenger lounge. The passenger encounters problems when climbing up and down the stairs but can walk to his/her seat by himself/herself without any assistance.
- Up to the Cabin: Wheel chair service is provided to those passengers who are unable to walk until they are seated inside the cabin. The passenger is totally inactive and unable to move and needs assistance for the stairs of the plane. He/she is in need of carriage from the plane door to the cabin seat and from the cabin seat to the plane door.
Important Notice for Wheel Chairs:
- (i) As for passengers who place other special requests, passengers requesting wheel chair service cannot benefit from the Online Check-in, Kiosk Check-in and Online Boarding Card services.
- (ii) If the passenger declares that he/she can fly without companion, no accompaniment requirement is imposed on the passenger.
- (iii) No wheel chair service is provided for journeys that include codeshare flights in the Ticket Itinerary Receipt.
- (iv) No wheel chair service is provided for infant passengers.
Special Meal Request
- International Flights: It is possible to request special meal for international flights if the request is made at least 24 hours before the flight. No requests can be made for special meal service within the last 24 hours.
- Special Inflight Meal Service Request is valid only for flights where Turkish Airlines is the carrier company. For journeys including connecting flights with other airlines and/or codeshare flights, special meal request can only be made for the flights of Turkish Airlines.
- Domestic Flights: Special Inflight Meal Service is not available for domestic flights.
To the attention of United States Of America and Canada Passengers:
Free baggage allowance of TK direct Filghts from/to North America destinations (NYC,WAS,LAX,CHI,YTO) is applied as 2 pcs. Free baggage allowance for America Interline Travels include other carriers is applied as 1 pcs. For Free Baggage Allowance and Excess Baggage Charges details please click.