Extra baggage fees may vary according to different criteria such as flight route, waiting time at transit point and the airline operating flight. You can access details about the method used for calculating extra baggage fee from our extra baggage page.
Extra baggage sales rules
- Only ticketed passengers can benefit from extra baggage sales service.
- Extra baggage allowance can be only purchased once via our online channels. Passengers who have previously purchased extra baggage allowance cannot re-purchase.
- Specifically, defined items such as sports equipment/musical instrument shall not be considered within the scope of extra baggage status. Allowances for baggage under special status can be purchased at sales offices.
- Minimum 5 kg or 1 piece, maximum 230 kg or 10 pieces of extra baggage can be purchased at one time via Turkish Airlines online channels.
- One piece of baggage shall not weigh more than 32 kg. Extra baggage purchased above 32 kg must be carried separately. Furthermore, the total of baggage’s sizes (width, length, height) must not exceed 158 cm.
- Extra baggage can be purchased via online channels for Turkish Airlines operated flights as from 355 days before flight until 2 hours left to flight.
- In case the weight of baggage is more than the sum of checked baggage allowance and extra baggage allowance purchased in routes applying kilogram concept, additional baggage fee corresponding to the weight difference must be paid at airport.
- On routes with piece baggage concept, the maximum weight of 1 piece of baggage is 23 kg for Economy Class and Business Class. On these routes, 80 USD will be charged per piece for extra baggage weighing between 23-32 kg.
- Turkish Airlines extra baggage fees and rules apply for AnadoluJet flights having transit Turkish Airlines flights.
- AnadoluJet baggage rules apply for travels consisting entirely of AnadoluJet flights.
- Extra baggage cannot be purchased from online channels for travels made on more than one airline except AnadoluJet. Information regarding fees, terms & conditions specified for these flights can be obtained from sales offices.
- You cannot purchase extra baggage for infants. Passengers with a baby are allowed to carry a bassinet with dimensions not exceeding 115 cm in all flights. Baby strollers are accepted to aircraft hold free of charge.
- Extra baggage sales can be limited subject to aircraft capacity.
- Extra baggage sales for group passengers can be done only at counters.
- Click for details about purchasing extra baggage with Miles.
Extra baggage change and refund rules
- You can refund extra baggage purchased from online channels at Turkish Airlines sales offices before flight.
- Extra baggage purchased from online channels cannot be refunded partially. If requested, passengers can refund their extra baggage allowances in all flights and purchase new extra baggage allowance for updated flights.
- Extra baggage allowance cannot be transferred to other passengers accompanying the passenger or other flights of the passenger.
- For passengers who have changed/reissued flights, extra baggage cannot be transferred automatically. If required, passengers can make refund for their former flights and purchase extra baggage for their new flights at Turkish Airlines sales offices before flight.
- In case of flight cancelation or change for reasons other than passenger’s own volition, such passenger can require extra baggage fee refund from sales offices within 1 year.
- In case extra baggage that do not comply with the rules of sales or carriage cannot be transported, refund shall only be made at sales offices before flight.
- No guarantee is provided for extra baggage transportation due to safety and operational reasons. In such cases, Turkish Airlines shall present the most appropriate alternatives.
- Unused extra baggage allowance cannot be refunded after flight.
- In case the passenger, who has purchased extra baggage allowance from online channels, upgrades to Business Class, extra baggage allowance can be refunded via sales offices.
General baggage rules
- You can access general checked baggage rules from our checked baggage page.
- Before flight, please make sure that your total baggage allowance is displayed on the ticket.
- Due to operational capacity, your baggage may be transported on our later flights without notifying you.
- Invoice for extra baggage purchase can be viewed from our e-Ticket & Invoice page.
Baggage applications on flights from/to USA and Canada involving more than one airline
- US DOT (US Department of Transportation) regulations apply on flights from/to USA involving more than one carrier (interline).
- CTA (Canada Transportation Agency) regulations apply on flights from/to Canada involving more than one carrier (interline).
- You can access more detailed information from our USA baggage page.
Extra baggage rules for travels consisting entirely of AnadoluJet flights
- In case flight number is changed, purchased extra baggage and sports equipment allowance cannot be automatically transferred to new flight. You are required to apply to sales offices or airport sales counters in order to transfer purchased extra baggage and sports equipment to new flight or to refund the said.
- In case the weight of your baggage is less than the purchased extra baggage allowance, the unused baggage allowance cannot be refunded.
- Purchased and unused extra baggage and sports equipment allowance can be refunded within 2 years.
- One piece of baggage shall not weigh more than 32 kg.
- The total of your one-piece baggage’s sizes (width, length, height) must not exceed 158 cm.
- Purchased extra baggage allowance cannot be transferred to other persons.
- Up to a 25% discount is applied to baggage purchases made through the Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet websites or mobile channels.
- AnadoluJet announces whether rights and conditions applicable to AnadoluJet campaigns are valid for baggage purchases made through Turkish Airlines channels.