Last update 07.05.2021
The Council of Ministers of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus issued directives regarding passenger entry. Please review the notes below for a safe and healthy travel.
- All countries evaluated in three categories are combined in one category. Passengers arriving from abroad are required to have taken a PCR test with a negative result within 3 days prior to their flight, are required to submit the negative PCR test result to the officer of the Ministry of Health, are subject to 10-day quarantine and at the end of the quarantine period, they will undergo a PCR test. Passengers failing to submit negative test result are not allowed to enter.
- Negative PCR test result documents of passengers arriving to TRNC from Turkey should have a QR code.
- If the document does not have a QR code, entry to TRNC is not allowed and passengers are sent back.
- To prevent any problems, airline companies are required to check the documents via the QR code verification tools.
- As of April 29, 2021, passengers with PCR tests that state "CANNOT BE USED AS A DOCUMENT TO EXIT THE COUNTRY" are not allowed entry to TRNC.
- Passengers who have visited Ukraine, India, Serbia, Netherlands, Brazil, and Africa ( Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botsuana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Democratic Republic, Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda , Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Sahara, Somaliland, Canary Islands, Cauta, French Southern and Antarctic Islands, Maderia, Mayette, Melilla, Soberanya, Réunion, Pelagie Islands, Sokatra, Saint Helena Ascension and Tristan da Cunha) in the last 14 days are subject to a 14-day quarantine as there is an increase in COVID-19 cases and there are some mutations in some countries. This decision is taken to protect the public health and to prevent the spread of the virus.
Ministry of Health home quarantine application with special permission and rules to be observed
- Passengers over 70 years of age are permitted to board the flights provided that they submit their ID and are accompanied by a person.
- Parents with children younger than 12 years of age are permitted to board the flights provided that they submit a document showing the relationship.
- TRNC citizens who are students studying abroad are permitted to board the flights if they show a document showing their studentship for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Patients who have been dispatched by the decision of the health board and the accompanying person can be eligible for home quarantine provided that they submit the report of the council.
- Passengers with health issues can also contact the Ministry of Health via email@example.com to find out their eligibilty for home quarantine.
Passengers are required to download the Stay Safe app before boarding or on arrival to the TRNC. The download, registration, taking a code and etc can be completed at TRNC and they will go to their residency address by their own vehicle (alone) or by means of public transportation vehicles such as public transport, taxi, minibus. etc assigned by the Ministry of Finance.<7p>
- Quarantine for officials and people who have been to abroad for health purposes will be reviewed when they apply to the Ministry of Health.
- Travel agencies are required to check the HES code of the person before selling a ticket. If the HES code shows the person as 1st contact and/or COVID-19 positive, no flight ticket should be sold. If the 2nd PCR test result of the passenger performed at the entry is positive and the HES code shows the person as 1st contact and/or COVID-19 positive, companies performing the sales will be subject to criminal proceedings initiated within the scope of the relevant articles of the Criminal Code and the Communicable Diseases Law.
- Children between 0-5 years of age (including 5) are not required to submit PCR test results.
- PCR tests should be in Turkish, English and French
- The date of sample collection for the PCR should be taken into consideration when calculating the 3-day period before the scheduled departure date. There is no need to specifically calculate the hours.
- As of April 29, 2021, passengers with PCR tests that state "Cannot be used as a document to exit the country" are not allowed entry to TRNC.
- The PCR test results older than 4 days or more before the date of travel are not considered valid for entry into the country. Passengers submitting these tests are not allowed to enter. The start date of travel for travels with connecting flights is the date of the first scheduled flight.
- All test and quarantine fees, whether they are TRNC citizens or not, are paid by the passengers. To enter to TRNC, passengers are first required to transfer the amount to one of the bank accounts specified below and are allowed to fly upon submitting the receipt. Airline companies will not permit passengers on-board if they fail to present a receipt.
- Quarantine and PCR test fees for passengers below are paid by TRNC.
- Army officers who have reappointed their mission in TRNC
- Students studying in TRNC or who will enroll to a school in TRNC
- TRNC national students who study abroad
- Individuals who receive social help and disability allowance
- Patients who have been dispatched by the decision of the health board and the accompanying person (Provided that they submit a document showing they are exempt from the TRNC Ministry of Health’s quarantine fees)
- Officials who come to our country from Turkey for official mission
- Those officials who go abroad for official mission
- Turkish Armed Forces staff working in TRNC (families of the army staff are not exempt)
- NHS test results of passengers arriving from UK will be admitted at the entry. If the passenger was unable to print the test result, the text message sent by NHS will be accepted. All COVID-19 tests conducted by the universities in UK where the students who are TRNC citizens are studying in are valid. This application is valid only for UK.
- PCR test results obtained in the last 3 days from TRNC are valid for TRNC citizens who came to Turkey for a short visit on their return to TRNC. These passengers are subject to 10-day quarantine.
- Quarantine fees should be transferred to the bank accounts or IBANs written below
Account holder: TRNC Ministry of Finance
Address of the Account Holder: TRNC Ministry of Finance, Nicosia, TRNC
Bank Address: Şht. Mustafa Ahmet Ruso Sokak no: 11 Küçük Kaymaklı, Nicosia, TRNC
Name of the Bank: T.R. Ziraat Bank
Account No: 40298710-5001
Account No: 40300032-5001
Account No: 40298710-5002
Account No: 40298710-5004
- 10-day quarantine fee: 3050 TRY for one person
- 1400 TRY per person (over 5 years of age) for the others if several people stay in the same room.
- 14-day quarantine fee: 4100 TRY for one person
- 1800 TRY per person (over 5 years of age) for the others if several people stay in the same room.
Non-compliance with the specified conditions are subject to criminal proceedings initiated within the scope of the relevant articles of the Criminal Code and the Communicable Diseases Law.
You can visit the Ministry of Health News page to get updated information about Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus travel restrictions.