Last update 25.05.2021
The Council of Ministers of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus issued directives regarding passenger entry. Please review the notes below for a safe and healthy travel.
- The country categories are colored according to the number of cases and as of June 7, 2021,
- Unvaccinated people from yellow-coded countries with between 8 and 69 cases per 100,000 in the last 7 days can enter the country with a negative PCR test taken in the last 72 hours before the flight and are quarantined for 7 days. Pcr test will be performed again at the end of quarantine.
- Vaccinated people from green-coded countries with 7 or fewer cases per 100,000 in the last 7 days, can enter the country without quarantine and without the need for pre-flight testing.
- Unvaccinated people from green-coded countries with 7 or fewer cases per 100,000 in the last 7 days can enter the country without quarantine and with a negative PCR test taken 72 hours before flight.
- Country color codes will be updated weekly by the infectious diseases committee.
- The country risk levels (colors) mentioned in the table will be applied to passengers arriving in transit on arrivals to the island.
- If the positive test rate of the relevant country is above 4%, it will be evaluated at a higher risk level.
- All countries evaluated in three categories are combined in one category. Passengers arriving from abroad are required to have taken a PCR test with a negative result within 3 days prior to their flight, are required to submit the negative PCR test result to the officer of the Ministry of Health, are subject to 10-day quarantine and at the end of the quarantine period, they will undergo a PCR test. Passengers failing to submit negative test result are not allowed to enter.
- Negative PCR test result documents of passengers arriving to TRNC from Turkey should have a QR code.
- If the document does not have a QR code, entry to TRNC is not allowed and passengers are sent back.
- To prevent any problems, airline companies are required to check the documents via the QR code verification tools.
- As of April 29, 2021, passengers with PCR tests that state "CANNOT BE USED AS A DOCUMENT TO EXIT THE COUNTRY" are not allowed entry to TRNC.
- As there is an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases, travel of passengers (other than TRNC citizens) who have visited India, Brazil, Netherlands, Nigeria, Congo Democratic Republic, Sierra Leone and Cameroon in the last 14 days as of May 24, 2021 and want to come to TRNC are not allowed to enter until a further notice. TRNC citizens who have visited the above mentioned cities in the last 14 days are allowed to enter TRNC and stay under quarantine for 14 days.
Ministry of Health home quarantine application with special permission and rules to be observed
- Passengers over 70 years of age are permitted to board the flights provided that they submit their ID and are accompanied by a person.
- Parents with children younger than 12 years of age are permitted to board the flights provided that they submit a document showing the relationship.
- TRNC citizens who are students studying abroad are permitted to board the flights if they show a document showing their studentship for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Patients who have been dispatched by the decision of the health board and the accompanying person can be eligible for home quarantine provided that they submit the report of the council.
- Passengers with health issues can also contact the Ministry of Health via firstname.lastname@example.org to find out their eligibilty for home quarantine.
Passengers are required to download the Stay Safe app before boarding or on arrival to the TRNC. The download, registration, taking a code and etc can be completed at TRNC and they will go to their residency address by their own vehicle (alone) or by means of public transportation vehicles such as public transport, taxi, minibus. etc assigned by the Ministry of Finance.<7p>
- Quarantine for officials and people who have been to abroad for health purposes will be reviewed when they apply to the Ministry of Health.
- Travel agencies are required to check the HES code of the person before selling a ticket. If the HES code shows the person as 1st contact and/or COVID-19 positive, no flight ticket should be sold. If the 2nd PCR test result of the passenger performed at the entry is positive and the HES code shows the person as 1st contact and/or COVID-19 positive, companies performing the sales will be subject to criminal proceedings initiated within the scope of the relevant articles of the Criminal Code and the Communicable Diseases Law.
- Children between 0-5 years of age (including 5) are not required to submit PCR test results.
- PCR tests should be in Turkish, English and French
- The date of sample collection for the PCR should be taken into consideration when calculating the 3-day period before the scheduled departure date. There is no need to specifically calculate the hours.
- As of April 29, 2021, passengers with PCR tests that state "Cannot be used as a document to exit the country" are not allowed entry to TRNC.
- The PCR test results older than 4 days or more before the date of travel are not considered valid for entry into the country. Passengers submitting these tests are not allowed to enter. The start date of travel for travels with connecting flights is the date of the first scheduled flight.
- All test and quarantine fees, whether they are TRNC citizens or not, are paid by the passengers. To enter to TRNC, passengers are first required to transfer the amount to one of the bank accounts specified below and are allowed to fly upon submitting the receipt. Airline companies will not permit passengers on-board if they fail to present a receipt.
- Quarantine and PCR test fees for passengers below are paid by TRNC.
- Army officers who have reappointed their mission in TRNC
- Students studying in TRNC or who will enroll to a school in TRNC
- TRNC national students who study abroad
- Individuals who receive social help and disability allowance
- Patients who have been dispatched by the decision of the health board and the accompanying person (Provided that they submit a document showing they are exempt from the TRNC Ministry of Health’s quarantine fees)
- Officials who come to our country from Turkey for official mission
- Those officials who go abroad for official mission
- Turkish Armed Forces staff working in TRNC (families of the army staff are not exempt)
- NHS test results of passengers arriving from UK will be admitted at the entry. If the passenger was unable to print the test result, the text message sent by NHS will be accepted. All COVID-19 tests conducted by the universities in UK where the students who are TRNC citizens are studying in are valid. This application is valid only for UK.
- As a result of COVID-19 pandemic measures, it was decided by the Council of Ministers to remove the exemptions related to the fees imposed on those who will be quarantined due to the introduction of electronic wristbands, and to exempt only patients and companions referred by the health board from quarantine and PCR test fees.
- Quarantine fees should be transferred to the bank accounts or IBANs written below
Account holder: TRNC Ministry of Finance
Address of the Account Holder: TRNC Ministry of Finance, Nicosia, TRNC
Bank Address: Şht. Mustafa Ahmet Ruso Sokak no: 11 Küçük Kaymaklı, Nicosia, TRNC
Name of the Bank: T.R. Ziraat Bank
Account No: 40298710-5001
Account No: 40300032-5001
Account No: 40298710-5002
Account No: 40298710-5004
- 10-day quarantine fee: 4000 TRY - 475 USD - 390 EUR - 335 –STG for one person
- TRY - 215 USD - 175 EUR - 150 STG per person (over 5 years of age) for the others if several people stay in the same room.
- 5400 TRY - 640 USD - 525 EUR - 450 STG for one person
- 2500 TRY - 295 USD - 245 EUR - 210 STG per person (over 5 years of age) for the others if several people stay in the same room.
7 Haziran 2021 tarihinden itibaren teknolojik altyapının tamamlanmasının ardından gelecek kişilerin ülkeye giriş kriterleri aşağıdaki tablolarda belirtilen şekilde olacaktır. Bu amaçla otomasyon kurulumu çalışmaları başlatılmıştır.
Sınır Geçiş Kriterleri (Ada Dışı)
|Son 7 günde 100,000 de vaka sayısı . |
|AŞILI ||AŞISIZ |
|UÇUŞ ÖNCESİ ||KARANTİNA - TEST ||UÇUŞ ÖNCESİ ||KARANTİNA-TEST |
|Son 72 saatte PCR ||10 gün karantina sonrası PCR testi ||Son 72 saatte PCR ||10 gün karantina sonrası PCR testi |
|174-70 (Turuncu) ||Son 72 saatte PCR ||Karantinasız giriş, gelişinden itibaren 72-96 saati arasında PCR testi ||Son 72 saatte PCR ||10 gün karantina sonrası PCR testi |
|8-69 (Sarı) ||Son 72 saatte PCR ||Karantinasız giriş, gelişinden itibaren 72 saatte PCR testi ||Son 72 saatte PCR ||7 gün karantina sonrası PCR testi |
|<7 (Yeşil) ||Test zorunluluğu yok (aşılı) ||Karantinasız giriş, test zorunluluğu yok ||Son 72 saatte PCR ||Karantinasız giriş |
- Ülke renkleri haftalık olarak komitemiz tarafından güncellenecektir. Tabloda belirtilen ülke risk seviyeleri (renkler), adamıza gelişlerde transit olarak gelecek yolcular için uygulanacaktır.
- İlgili ülkenin test pozitif oranı %4’ün üzerinde olması halinde bir üst risk seviyesinde değerlendirilecektir.
Non-compliance with the specified conditions are subject to criminal proceedings initiated within the scope of the relevant articles of the Criminal Code and the Communicable Diseases Law.
You can visit the Ministry of Health News page to get updated information about Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus travel restrictions.