Within the scope of the measures taken against the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the following decisions regarding entry to the country have been taken by the authorities of the Republic of Turkey, to be effective from September 4, 2021:
1) Passengers departing from Brazil, South Africa, Nepal or Sri Lanka have been banned to enter Turkey until a new decision to be taken. However, there is no obstacle for the passengers travelling from these countries to have a transit flight via Turkey, and our flights from the mentioned countries currently continue. Passengers arriving in Turkey from another country but have been in Brazil, South Africa, Nepal or Sri Lanka in the last 14 days shall be stipulated to submit a PCR test with negative result taken within maximum 72 hours before arrival, and such passengers shall be taken under quarantine for 14 days in locations to be determined by the governorships. If the result of the PCR test to be taken at the end of the 14th day of the quarantine is negative, the quarantine measure shall be ended. Passengers whose PCR test results are positive shall be taken under isolation from that date, and in the case that the result of the PCR test to be taken at the end of the 14th day of the test is negative, the measure shall be ended. Accommodation and transfer costs from airports shall be covered by the passengers.
2) Passengers arriving from Bangladesh, India or Pakistan or having been in these countries in the last 14 days, shall be exempted from the application of quarantine if they submit a PCR test with negative result taken within maximum 72 hours before entry to our country, and if they can document that they have been administered minimum two doses of vaccine and minimum 14 days have passed from the last dose. Our passengers who cannot submit these documents shall go into quarantine at their places of residence or at the addresses that they will declare. In the case that the result of the PCR test to be taken on the 10th day of the quarantine is negative, the quarantine shall be ended. Passengers who does not have a PCR test on the 10th day of the quarantine shall go into quarantine for another 14 days. If the test result is positive, an action shall be taken in line with the actual rules stipulated by the relevant authorities.
3A) Passengers arriving from Afghanistan has been identified to be present in Afghanistan in the last 14 days shall be required to submit a PCR test with negative result taken within maximum 72 hours before entry to Turkey. These passengers shall be taken under quarantine for a period of 10 days in places to be determined by the governorships. Accommodation and transfer costs shall be covered by the passengers. If the result of the PCR test to be taken at the end of the 7th day of the quarantine is negative, the quarantine measure shall be ended.
3B) For travelling by air, the citizens of Afghanistan who have a residence or work permit in Turkey shall be admitted to board the flight on the condition that they submit valid permits of residence or work in Turkey. These people shall be exempted from hotel quarantine, and they may spend their quarantine periods at their address of residence. These passengers whose point of first entry to Turkey are cities other than İstanbul or Ankara shall be allowed to go to their addresses of residence only by private vehicles, and it shall not be allowed for them to board domestic flights or use public transportation.
3C) The citizens of the Republic of Turkey arriving from Afghanistan shall be exempted from hotel quarantine, and they will be able to spend their quarantine periods at their address of residence. These passengers whose point of first entry to the country are cities other than İstanbul or Ankara shall be allowed to go to their addresses of residence only by private vehicles, and it shall not be allowed for them to board domestic flights or use public transportation.
4) Within the scope of the 1. and 3A articles, our passengers to be taken under quarantine are required to have their hotel bookings done through the contact information given in the link below before their travels, and in addition, they are required to pay the accommodation fee of the hotel they will stay likewise before their travels. In the case that our passengers fail to submit the document evidencing that they have made the payment of accommodation to our authorities at their first departure point, they shall not be admitted to board our flights as stipulated by the rules of the relevant authority.
5) Our passengers travelling from the United Kingdom, Iran, Egypt and Singapore are required to submit a PCR test with negative result taken within maximum 72 hours before entry.
6) Passengers who are not within the scope of the first, second, third and fifth articles and will enter Turkey are expected to submit the documents/certificates issued by WHO (World Health Organization) or T.C. Ministry of Health at the first point of departure that they have been administered minimum two doses of vaccine (one dose for Johnson and Johnson) within minimum 14 days before entering Turkey or have had COVID-19 disease within the last six months starting from the 28th day of the first PCR test with positive result. These passengers shall not be required to submit a PCR/rapid antigen test report with negative result and quarantine measures shall not be applied for them. In case of failure to submit a vaccination certificate or documents indicating that the passenger had COVID-19 disease, it shall be deemed adequate to submit a PCR test with negative result taken within maximum 72 hours before entry or the negative rapid antigen test result taken within maximum 48 hours before entry.
7) Passengers may be subject to PCR test by means of the method of sampling at points of arrival in entry to Turkey. Within this scope, these passengers shall be allowed to proceed to their final destination after their test samples are taken. If their test results are positive, they shall be taken under treatment in accordance with the Covid-19 Guidelines of the Ministry of Health. The passengers with positive test results and persons having been in close contact with such passengers shall be taken under quarantine for a period of 14 days at the addresses they have determined, and if the results of the PCR tests to be taken at the end of the 10th day are negative, the quarantine shall be ended. The quarantines of these people who are identified to have Delta variant shall be ended upon submitting a negative PCR test result at the end of the 14th day.
In addition to the information given above;
Son güncelleme 16.09.2021
The Council of Ministers of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus has taken certain decisions covering passengers who will enter the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. For a healthy and safe journey, all our guests should take these clauses into account.
1. People arriving in our country from out of the TRNC and to enter the TRNC may enter the island by benefiting from quick pass opportunity with the QR code they will take upon submitting the PCR test with negative result taken within the last 72 hours prior to travel and completing the form on the page adapass.gov.ct.tr, in line with the criteria to enter the island. The individuals who fail to fulfil this procedure may enter the island with their required documents until 27.09.2021.
Upon logging into the website: Citizens of the TRNC should add adapass, Citizens of the Republic of Turkey - ''Healthpass'', EU citizens "greenpass" and UK citizens "NHS" QR codes, and citizens of other countries applicable vaccination cards and/or PCR test results to the specified section in the application. Since the documents added will be checked at entry to the country, the passengers are required to have these documents with them.
2. The criteria for the entry to our country from abroad are as follows:
The up-to-date chart regarding the colour codes of countries and the criteria for entry shall be applied since the first Monday upon being published by the Supreme Committee on Communicable Diseases.
Conditions for the entry to our country from dark red countries:
a) People with a history of trip to a dark red country in the last 14 days are not allowed to enter the country.
b) The TRNC citizens who have visited one of the dark red-coded countries within the last 14 days may enter the country with a PCR test with negative result taken within the last 72 hours prior to travel and on the condition of a 14-day quarantine.
c) Regardless of their vaccination status, the passengers arriving from these countries shall be applied Covid-19 tests at entry gates.
d) Passengers who will submit the student certificate to be informed by the Ministry of National Education and Culture or make new student registration and who will arrive from the dark red-coded countries may enter the country with a PCR test with negative result taken within the last 72 hours prior to travel and on the condition of a 14-day quarantine.
e) Employees who currently have a working permit (including spouse and children) and ask to enter the country shall be allowed to enter the country provided that they stay in quarantine for 14 days.
Dark red countries: Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Benin, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Central African Republic, Chile, Colombia, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mexico, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, New Caledonia , Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, Uruguay, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Conditions for the entry to our country from gray countries:
Regardless of their vaccination status, the passengers arriving from the grey-coded countries may enter the country with a PCR test with negative result taken within the last 72 hours prior to travel and on the condition of a 14-day quarantine.
Grey-coded countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Belize, Bermuda, Cambodia, Chad, People's Republic of China, Cuba, Curacao, Ecuador, Eswatini, Falkland Islands, Grenada, Guadalupe, Guyana, Haiti, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Jersey, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Liberia, Libya, Macau, Maldives, Mali, Martinique, Mauritania, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Saint Barthélemy, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, South Sudan, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen.
Conditions for the entry to our country from red countries:
a) The passengers arriving from the red-coded countries and who have been vaccinated or had the disease may enter the country with a PCR test with negative result taken within the last 72 hours prior to travel and on the condition of a 5-day quarantine.
b) The passengers arriving from the red-coded countries and who have not been vaccinated may enter the country with a PCR test with negative result taken within the last 72 hours prior to travel and after a 7-day quarantine.
c) Unvaccinated people from red countries shall be allowed to enter the country provided that they present a negative pcr test result obtained within the last 72 hours prior to the flight and stay in quarantine for 7 days.
d) People from these countries shall be applied covid-19 tests at all entrance gates irrespective of vaccination history.
Red-coded countries Andorra, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Georgia, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Malaysia, Mongolia, TRNC, North Macedonia, Philippines, Reunion, Russia, Saint Maarten, Southern Cyprus, Spain , Tunisia, United States of America.
Conditions for the entry to our country from orange countries:
a) The passengers arriving from the orange-coded countries and who have been vaccinated or had the disease may enter the country with a PCR test with negative result taken within the last 72 hours prior to travel and without the condition of quarantine.
b) The passengers arriving from the orange-coded countries and who have not been vaccinated may enter the country with a PCR test with negative result taken within the last 72 hours prior to travel and after a 5-day quarantine.
c) Only unvaccinated people from these countries shall be applied covid-19 tests at all entrance gates.
Orange-coded countries: Turkey, Albania, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovenia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates.
Conditions for the entry to our country from green countries:
a) People from green countries who are vaccinated or previously positive shall be allowed to enter the country without any restriction.
b) Unvaccinated people from green countries shall be allowed to enter the country without quarantine provided that they present a negative pcr test result obtained within the last 72 hours prior to the flight.
c) No covid-19 test shall be applied at the gates to people from these countries.
Green-coded countries: Czechia, Hungary, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia.
General rules applicable to all categories:
1) A “Vaccinated person” refers to an individual whose vaccination program has been completed and a period of 14 days has passed since the administration of the last dose of vaccine.
Vaccine types and number of doses:
-Sinovac: 2 doses
-Biontech: 2 doses
-Sinopharm: 2 doses
-Comirnaty (Pfizer/Biontech): 2 doses
-Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca /Oxford): 2 doses
-Covid-19 vaccine Janssen / Johnson and Johnson: 1 dose
-Sputnik V: 2 doses
-Moderna: 2 doses
-Individuals who have received two doses of different vaccines listed above shall be considered as vaccinated individuals.
-An individual who has had the covid-19 disease more than 6 months ago and received 1 dose of vaccine shall be considered as a vaccinated individual.
2) A person who has had the disease: Refers to individuals who have to submit a PCR test with positive result in between 30 and 180 days prior to the flight. These persons shall be considered within the scope of vaccinated persons.
3) Children under 18 years of age and their previously positive parents according to the above definition shall be allowed to enter the country in line with the pcr test rules mentioned above according to the category of their country of departure (children who have turned the age of 6).
4) Passengers shall be evaluated based on the country "in the highest risk group" among the countries they have entered/been in within the last 10 days.
5) From the individuals who have not been vaccinated within the scope of the quarantine applied at entry to our country;
-Officers, petty-officers, enlisted specialists and military officials who will return to the trnc after a mission, if they submit their assignment letters.
-Personnel newly appointed to Cyprus Turkish peace force command, if they submit their certificates of departure and stay,
-Enlisted men and privates, if they submit border crossing certificates;
-In addition, in order to preserve family integrity, it has been considered appropriate by the Ministry of Health of the TRNC that the spouses and children of the military personnel who have been assigned submit their PCR tests with negative results at entry to the country and spend their quarantine period together subject to the colour code of the country they travel from, provided that all responsibility is assumed by the relevant military unit.
3. Subject to the colour code of the country they travel from, people to enter our country may enter the country on the condition that they submit the printed PCR test report with negative result taken within the last 3 days to the official from the Ministry of Health at the gate. However;
a) Passengers who come from the republic of turkey are required to have a QR code on the negative PRC test result certificate that they submit during their entry to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
b) Passengers who do not have a QR code on their certificates shall not be allowed to enter the TRNC and sent back.
c) To avoid any grievance, airway companies have to check QR codes on the PRC test results before admitting passengers onboard.
4. Home quarantine practice and rules to be followed:
a) Provided that the passengers submit a residence address in our country and they download the application "Güvende Kal" (Stay Safe) before they arrive in the country, they can spend the quarantine period, which is appointed to them and determined subject to the country they come from, wearing a wristband at the residence address they have submitted. These passengers shall travel to the residence addresses that they have undertaken to spend their quarantine period either alone with their own vehicles or accompanied by a driver, or by means of permitted vehicles such as mass transportation, taxi or touristic minibus, as determined by the Ministry of Finance.
-People over the age of 65 and people who go abroad for health reasons upon recommendation of a health committee will be able to download the “Guvende Kal / Stay Safe” application after they arrive at the country. Children under the age of 12 shall not wear a wristband.
- Individuals who fail to meet the conditions specified above, who do not submit a residence address in our country and who want to enter our country shall stay under quarantine in the central quarantine hotels for a period of 5-14 days subject to the colour code of the country they travel from.
- Individuals who fail to comply with the rules of home quarantine shall be sent to central quarantine and they shall cover the quarantine fees themselves.
b) The electronic wrıstband shall be used together with the mobile application and not without a smartphone. Passengers are required to download the application "Güvende Kal" (Stay Safe) via Apple Store or Google Playstore and enter the required documents and information in the mobile application before boarding the plane. Afterwards, it shall be sufficient to show the QR code generated on the mobile phone to the attendants.
c) In addition to the wristband application, the amounts of quarantine and test fees to be paid by the passengers travelling from abroad and will stay in the quarantine hotels, and the relevant bank accounts have been specified in Article 13 of the NOTAM.
d) Passengers who fail to submit the document evidencing that the home quarantine and hotel quarantine fees have been paid through the wristband application shall not be admitted to board the plane.
e) The council of ministers have decided to revoke the exemptions related to the fees imposed those who will stay in quarantine as a result of covid-19 pandemic measures due to adoption of the wristband application, and to keep only patients sent by the health committee and their companions exempt from the quarantine and pcr test fees.
f) The prices of all transfers from Ercan Airport to home or hotels shall be paid by the passengers.
g) For detailed information about the process, you may visit the website www.kktckarantina.com.
5. Passengers who will travel to our country by charter flights shall be subject to the criteria specified in the country codes. However, if these people demand to enter closed tourism hotels, they can go to closed tourism hotels with a wristband irrespective of whether they are vaccinated or not. Vaccinated/unvaccinated individuals who arrive for closed hotel tourism can arrive via scheduled flights or charter flights.
-Unvaccinated individuals who arrive for closed hotel tourism need to repeat their tests on the 5th day if they stay for more than 5 days.
-Citizens of the TRNC are not allowed to enter closed tourism hotels (However, citizens with dual nationality can enter provided that their residence address is in another country. These people shall be sent to central quarantine if they fail to follow the specified rules.)
-Hotels who prefer to continue with the closed hotel tourism shall by no means accept outsider clients (domestic or foreign tourists) for making use of their areas such as restaurant, cafe, beach, etc. located inside the accommodation area or the hotel. The closed tourism application shall be ended on 30.09.2021.
6. Individuals who will issue tickets for people who want to come to our country by airway must have their HES codes checked by the relevant companies, and the incoming ticket issuance must be done afterwards. Tickets should not be issued to people who are specified to be a close contact and/or Covid-19 positive in their hes codes. The companies that are determined to have issued tickets to passengers whose PCR test results are Covid-19 positive as a result of the second PCR test taken at entry to the country and who are identified to be Covid-19 positive and/or disease-contacted through their HES codes shall be imposed a penalty under the Communicable Diseases Act.
7.No PCR tests shall be required for children between 0-5 years of age during the entry to the country.
8. PCR tests shall only be accepted in turkish, english and french.
9. The 3-day period as from the date of embarking on the plane mentioned above shall be evaluated based on the date of submission of pcr samples. In calculation of days, it is sufficient to calculate the days between the date stated in the test result certificates of passengers and the date of flight, and it is not necessary to do specific time calculation.
10. PCR test results obtained 4 days prior to the commencement of the trip or much earlier shall not be regarded as valid during the entry to the country. Individuals who submit such test results shall not be admitted to the country. The date of commencement of the trip is the date of embarking on the first plane in case of connection flights.
11. The NHS tests of passengers from the United Kingdom shall be accepted upon entry. For passengers who are unable to print out their test results, the SMS to be sent by the NHS shall also be deemed valid. Also, all Covid-19 tests performed by the universities of the TRNC citizens who study in the UK are valid. This application is only limited to the United Kingdom.
12. For the TRNC citizens who travel for a short time to Turkey, PCR tests obtained in the TRNC in the last 3 days shall be accepted during their return. These people are also subject to a 5-day quarantine application upon their entry to the TRNC.
13. The bank account numbers to which the central quarantine (hotel quarantine), test and quarantine fees shall be deposited, and the amount of the fees are given below.
IBAN numbers and amounts:
Recipient: KKTC MALIYE BAKANLIGI
Recipient's address: KKTC MALIYE BAKANLIGI LEFKOSA-KKTC
Bank address: SHT. MUSTAFA AHMET RUSO SOKAK NO: 11 KUCUK KAYMAKLI LEFKOSA KKTC TC ZIRAAT BANKASI AS.
TRY Account No: 40298710-5001
USD Account No: 40300032-5001
EURO Account No: 40298710-5002
GBP Account No: 40298710-5004
TL US EURO STG
TRY 4,000 for quarantine up to 10 days
TRY 1,800 for each individual to stay in the same room as the 1st person in quarantine up to 10 days (for every person over the age of 5)
TRY 5,400 for quarantine up to 14 days
TRY 2,500 for each individual to stay in the same room as the 1st person in quarantine up to 14 days (for every person over the age of 5)
**Passengers who apply with a PCR test result bearing the statement ‘’THIS MAY NOT BE USED AS A DOCUMENT FOR PURPOSES OF TRAVELING ABROAD’’ shall not be allowed to enter Ercan Airport effective from 29.04.2021.
***Pursuant to the circular-letter of the Directorate-General of Security of the Ministry of Internal Affairs attached, passengers who are going to a country where they can travel with the National Identity Card of the Republic of Turkey should have with them a photographed identity card irrespective of age according to ICAO rules.
NOTE: The application restricting the traveling of our citizens under the age of 15 possessing identity cards without a photograph within the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus has been postponed until October 01, 2021, and their transactions shall be completed without seeking the photograph requirement with the new type identity cards until that date.
Those who fail to meet the conditions specified shall be subject to a penalty as per the Criminal Code and the relevant articles of the Law on Infectious Diseases.
For current information about the travel regulations of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, please visit http://saglik.gov.ct.tr/Haberler.
We advise you to review the travel restrictions applied by countries you are planning to travel to. Please review the travel news page provided by IATA for details. Please check the country-specific entry requirements of the country you are planning to travel to and review the passport, visa and health travel document requirements page.
We know you are eager to travel again and we are pleased to welcome you onboard, with an expanded number of international flights. The health and safety of our passengers is always our highest priority, and we are cooperating with the international authorities in implementing the most up-to-date hygiene protocols.
Before planning your trip, please review this page for more information on the documents required by various countries for the entry of Turkish citizens.